Rare Weber yellow Ranger on eBay

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
edit, the link below shows it was ended early, it's up again.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303180521977?ul_noapp=true

The seller is starting the auction at $900.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303176720951?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
There have been a few vintage kettles recently going for $3K or more. As cute as the old Ranger looks like it is a "pain in the" back for tall people to use. lol

It will sell. Probably for more than twice that opening bid! There must be some well-healed people collecting kettles. Unless you stumble into something, you can pretty much forget getting an unusual color older kettle for a realistic price anymore.

It will sell. Probably for more than twice that opening bid! There must be some well-healed people collecting kettles. Unless you stumble into something, you can pretty much forget getting an unusual color older kettle for a realistic price anymore.

Truer words were never spoken!

Auction ended..."an error in the listing"...yeah, that's it.

I imagine someone looking at that grill and saying, "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." And suddenly there's an "error" in the listing. :D

Auction ended..."an error in the listing"...yeah, that's it.

I imagine someone looking at that grill and saying, "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." And suddenly there's an "error" in the listing. :D

This turned into quite the fiasco on WKC. The guy originally posted prior to listing wanting to know
about "My Dads old strange webber?" After some folks clued him into what he had, he posted it
on eBay. That hurt the feelings of a few who really lit the guy up with some verbal jabs. The seller
then pulled the ad saying me may keep it for a while, blamed the eBay listing on pressure from his
siblings, yada ... yada. But I suspect you are right, and it will end up somewhere else soon.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is that why not do it the other way so there are two wheels at the back? It would roll much better and safer to maneuver.
It’s a neat concept but, executed in reverse!

I get that Chris, I just think the other two wheel system would be safer, I’ve had a wheel barrow for a long time and I’ve had them go “sideways”.

In case you didn't follow the conclusion of this auction, the yellow Ranger wheel barrow grill went for $1975!

I knew it would. It is amazing but also kind of sad, because old kettles are no longer a fun thing to find and restore. It is now cutthroat business for well-healed collectors - some even outside the US - who will pay some stratospheric prices for the rarest versions. But even slightly more common old kettles are getting higher and higher.

My idea is to promote collecting Weber Qs instead! Paint the lids some interesting colors that are available and you can have your own multi-color collection in even less space than kettles require and for a LOT less money. And, there are already a few idiosyncrasies and "unicorns" in the Q world to make things interesting. Just like kettles, there are LP gas, electric, and the slightly rare CharQ charcoal version. And with low hood vs high hood models and already two generations of designs there seems like there is enough to make collecting interesting for people that have to have one of everything:eek:!

I was inspired by the "Pontiac blue" Q repaint posted in the Q section here, so I am going to try that and maybe pickup some more old Qs and try some other colors. They even have yellow engine paint, so maybe I should try putting a Q with that in a wheelbarrow:smilekettle:!

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?76471-Q-lid-repaint/page3

Last edited:
Yep, “Well HEELED” speculators are sucking the fun out of many fields of interest. The musical instrument world has been working out of my reach for years! Things I had gotten for $150 are now going for $1800! It’s ridiculous!
I have gotten lucky to have found a few reasonably priced things which, through this forum, I have restored a gasser that was nothing more than really dirty. The corpus was easily cleaned and painted. The value of owning and enjoying seems so much more valuable than hoarding and driving prices higher is just sad.

I knew it would. It is amazing but also kind of sad, because old kettles are no longer a fun thing to find and restore. It is now cutthroat business for well-healed collectors - some even outside the US - who will pay some stratospheric prices for the rarest versions. But even slightly more common old kettles are getting higher and higher.

My idea is to promote collecting Weber Qs instead! Paint the lids some interesting colors that are available and you can have your own multi-color collection in even less space than kettles require and for a LOT less money. And, there are already a few idiosyncrasies and "unicorns" in the Q world to make things interesting. Just like kettles, there are LP gas, electric, and the slightly rare CharQ charcoal version. And with low hood vs high hood models and already two generations of designs there seems like there is enough to make collecting interesting for people that have to have one of everything:eek:!

I was inspired by the "Pontiac blue" Q repaint posted in the Q section here, so I am going to try that and maybe pickup some more old Qs and try some other colors. They even have yellow engine paint, so maybe I should try putting a Q with that in a wheelbarrow:smilekettle:!

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?76471-Q-lid-repaint/page3

Why not!! People will buy pretty much anything! THAT would at least have some “Cool factor”!

Back