WSM 18.5” assembly

Well, unboxed my new 18.5” last night. Found 14 fiber washers and 5 steel washers...thanks to Chris’s video post I found out what goes where since the instructions don’t show that.

Looks like steel washers go on the inside in the bottom section and fiber washers go on the outside in the middle section.

Am I missing anything? (other than one of the steel washers?)

John

Well, unboxed my new 18.5” last night. Found 14 fiber washers and 5 steel washers...thanks to Chris’s video post I found out what goes where since the instructions don’t show that.

Looks like steel washers go on the inside in the bottom section and fiber washers go on the outside in the middle section.

John

Go to the last few pages of your included manual and they have the assembly instructions. I am literally putting together my 22 WSM as we speak and I was also frustrated until I finally found the instructions.

John

Assembly is shown on page 26 of the manual.

As you found out, there are now 14 fiber washers and supposed to be 6 steel washers. 14 and 6 are the correct number of parts. My video and photos are out of date and only show 8 fiber washers...I need to update that to show 14.

The fiber washers are indicated as gray washers in the instructions, the steel washers as white washers. The fiber washers sit directly on the outside surface of the charcoal bowl and the middle cooking section. The steel washers go on the inside of the charcoal bowl.

Back