Summit 650 NG needs to be LP

Jeff Obeshaw

Hey All,

I need your help, I am currently using my great One Touch Gold which I don't mind preparing the charcoal and the clean up, but...... I have a Summit 650 sitting in my garage. I recently moved to a new home, my first, and natural gas is NOT an option. The 650 is something I saved and saved for and now can't use it. See where I am going with this..... There has been many many great posts on conversions, but I need one specific to my grill and it really needs to be dumbed down. I have found a manual for a year newer LP version so I could figure out what the part numbers would be, I just don't know the parts.

Here is the skinny....
Summit 650 NG 1999
Model is EZ 443654 or 270000(2) from the tag on the rear of the grill.

It is the 6 burner (hence 650 right?)
It has a side burner on the right side.

Thanks in advance for shedding any light on this predicament I am in.

Cheers,
Jeff "Obie" Obeshaw

I would head over to

http://weber.com/help/manuals.aspx

And locate your manual - and then the LP verion. I would just compare part numbers for anything that has to do with the burner system (manifold, burners, etc). Anything that has a different part number is needed for the conversion.

Hey Jeff

You could convert it...but its going to be spendy!! Youll need to change the gas manifold, the IR burner, which is built into the grill REALLY well!, the complete side burner as its only available as an assembly, the bracket/guage for the LP tank and the hose/regulator. May have missed something there! You may be further ahead to sell the NG and step up to a 670!!

Thanks MichaelB,

Our local hardware store has a guy that they work with and he was talking about $450 to get it done. Thanks for the insight.

Jeff

Back