Let Go App

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So, we got a new window unit AC for our RV. Nothing wrong with the old one except it's loud and kept the trailer too cold unless it was in the 90's out. I listed it on the Let Go app, thinking it'd seel pretty quickly. I've had one person interested in it. :rolleyes:
They asked if it was still available and was the price negotiable.
Sure, what's your offer?
Check out my listing and see what you like. We can trade, maybe with some cash thrown in.
Uh, I'll only take cash. What's your offer? (I'm asking $150, but I'll go as low as $100)
What's your bottom dollar, they asked?
Getting upset, I told them $125.
Haven't heard back from them.
Don't people know how to haggle anymore? I really don't think so!

Phil, put it on CL, as well as offer up. I am finding that more and more people are wanting to trade rather than purchase. I recently sold my sons compound bow on CL, so,Econ the things people wanted to trade were down right comical! I guess it’s all part of the game....anyhow, good luck with the new ac unit. We can’t wait for our trip down to lake Hartwell later this summer, maybe we’ll cross paths at a campground sometime!
Tim

I installed Let Go on my phone but there's not much in my area. I live in a small town next to a small city. Everything that's listed is junk. It may have changed, but it would only show you listings in a 10 mile area and if you wanted to go larger than that, the next largest area you could search was state-wide which is useless in Texas. I can't make the trip to El Paso.

What about using "Craigs list"? That has a lot of local locations. DH sells his used marine generators on it to local people. They know how to haggle. lol

I also put it on CL and a site called Nextdoor, which lets us know about what's happening in our neck of Charlotte.
I shouldn't be surprised by this, having been down this road before. My son had some soft pellet pistols that I was trying to sell. Had someone offer some expensive headphones as a trade.
First of all, it seemed suspicious, $200 headphones for a $10 pellet gun. Second, I have no need for headphones, and told him so.
You can sell them for more money, he told me.
Here's an idea. Why don't YOU sell them and give me $10 for the pistol?
I got no response for a few days, when he said that he had the cash.
Cool, where do you want to meet?
Uh, can you bring them 30 miles up to the next county?
Nope. Ain't happening. Not for $10.
I stopped responding to him after this.

My wife had some luck getting rid of furniture on let-go when we got some new furniture. But of course you're basically giving it away to get rid of it. Asking $40 for a $400 chair in great condition..... people still say is it negotiable?

Eventually they went to people who didn't have much money and could really use them and one woman actually cried cuz she couldn't believe she was getting such a good piece of furniture for $20 to put in her trailer.

What they didn't know was that we would have taken 0 for them if they just haul it off.... But if you say free nobody's interested they assume it's a piece of junk...

It's funny. Last summer, I had an aging outdoor dining set made of hardwood. Aside from a power wash/sanding and finishing, it really didn't need much help. Sunbrella brand fabric on the cushions looked as good as the day I bought it. I put it on Craigslist one weekend for $125, or best offer and heard nothing but crickets. The next weekend, I put it on NextDoor for free. Within an hour, I had a guy contact me and ask to come pick it up Saturday morning (this was a Friday, and he needed to get a truck). He showed up the next morning with a small U-haul and insisted on giving me $100 cash for it. You just never know.

Someone on the Nextdoor site said that knew someone who's AC had gone out, and did anyone know where they could get one cheap?
I said that I had a great one, $100.
Chirp. Chirp.

Someone on the Nextdoor site said that knew someone who's AC had gone out, and did anyone know where they could get one cheap?
I said that I had a great one, $100.
Chirp. Chirp.

"Cheap" often means "hey, can you give that to me for nothing?"

I’ve found that on LetGo there are too many flakes. I think FaceBook marketplace is better for the simple reason of less flakes.

Back