Weber Wednesdays

MikeLucky

TVWBB Pro
I declare thee Weber Wednesday. And all Wednesdays heretofore all of us Weber Warriors are to celebrate our love for Weber and the joy they bring us. My initial submission is from dinner tonight.

I am grilling steaks on a Weber charcoal grill, that is on another Weber charcoal grill, that are both in front of yet another Weber charcoal grill.

bhRy7L5.jpg

(Seriously though, it's not like we need another excuse to use our grills but I thought this might be a fun thread to kill some midweek blues through the summer if we could all find fun ways to post pictures of our own Weber Wednesdays. Get creative with food ideas or Weber placement and/or usage. Let's see if we can have some fun with it.)

I love it, Mike!! :) Steaks look great, and definitely points for your Weber stacking! ;)

You are definitely right that none of us need an excuse to use our grills, but Weber Wednesday is as great a reason as any!

Having said that, we are still making our way through MD leftovers tonight, so no grill for me.....I'll live vicariously through you!

R

I love it, Mike!! :) Steaks look great, and definitely points for your Weber stacking! ;)

You are definitely right that none of us need an excuse to use our grills, but Weber Wednesday is as great a reason as any!

Having said that, we are still making our way through MD leftovers tonight, so no grill for me.....I'll live vicariously through you!

R

Thanks Rich. You have a whole week to prepare your Weber Wednesday for next week. :cool:

Well, the beast is finally put together.

8jmp7Iz.jpg

Wow, this 22 WSM is huge. Trying to decide if it's going to get broken in for Weber Wednesday this week.... Hmmmm, decisions.

Weber Wednesday is very close.... Doing the very first high heat burn in the brand new WSM to burn off all the new.

ZOZ93ns.jpg

Have 5 of my 8 Weber family members here for this current party. Oh, and our pug.

NkS4sw7.jpg

Good prep for my Weber Wednesday celebration. Which Weber gets the nod this week? Tune in tomorrow to find out. :cool:

Edit to add: damn this thing got hot quickly

eCb6QFt.jpg

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested.... Full chimney of KB, fully lit, poured in with all the vents open. It got to 225 in 22 minutes, topped out at 365 in 38 minutes, stayed above 200 for 3 hours and 16 minutes, and finally fell below 140 at 4 minutes shy of 4 hours. I'm looking forward to see how it does a longer cook when the vents are adjusted for it.

I've never heard that its necessary to season Weber grills / smokers ...... but none the less, its ready for some meats.

Weber Wednesday is upon on folks! It appears I'm still the only one celebrating for now, but that's okay. Lol.

Tonight it's cowboy cut pork chops.

q84oshj.jpg

And, I know it's not how this is supposed to work, but I want to use my new WSM for cooking so I threw in a lit chimney load of coals with a handful of apple wood chips, left all the vents open, and put the chops on to indirect/slow cook. I will probably need to put the grill right over the coals with the barrel removed to finish the chops after they get some good smoke on them.

9srCFXs.jpg

I also have some cut up white skinned potatoes in the pressure cooker going for some easy smashed potatoes.

Last edited:
Straight over the coals to finish...

ZNiXJOj.jpg

Resting....

CYbTNpM.jpg

Dinner is ready... Some sliced and that little bone/pork lollipop for the finisher.

IRZ56uT.jpg

All in all it's been a very good Weber Wednesday here in Oklahoma.

(I don't think anyone is listening to me but I'm going to keep celebrating Weber Wednesday anyway. Lol)

Can't say that I am listening to you Mike, but I have enjoyed following this thread. Your chops look fantastic! Nicely done. Keep on posting, I will keep on viewing! That 22 WSM is a monster! :wsm:

Can't say that I am listening to you Mike, but I have enjoyed following this thread. Your chops look fantastic! Nicely done. Keep on posting, I will keep on viewing! That 22 WSM is a monster! :wsm:

Thanks Ed! Yeah, I got the 22 just out of principal because it's the biggest, but I didn't consider how huge this thing is. Lol. I put it together the other night and when my wife first saw it she said, "are we going to Mars in that thing?" Lol

The chops came out amazing. Get great meat, use great equipment, get great results. Family enjoyed it and that's what it's all about.

I'm going to keep rocking the Weber Wednesdays and I bet some of y'all start celebrating too. Lol

Good idea on Weber Wednesday. I did have BBQed food tonight but at the local brewery. It was just one of those nights!

I'll join you one of these Wednesdays. Keep up the good work, your pork chops looked great!

Good idea on Weber Wednesday. I did have BBQed food tonight but at the local brewery. It was just one of those nights!

I'll join you one of these Wednesdays. Keep up the good work, your pork chops looked great!

Thank you sir. BBQ from a brewery is pretty awesome too. Lol. Can't hate on that.

Nice collection of Weber products first off, second those chops look amazing! good job.

I will try to join you of Weber Wednesday next week

Chops look delicious.

Well, I did smashburgers on the Weber gasser last night, but did not take time to get pics ;)

Thanks. Next week you can remember the pics so we can all enjoy. :)

Nice collection of Weber products first off, second those chops look amazing! good job.

I will try to join you of Weber Wednesday next week

Thanks Steve. Not shown would be a 14" smokey joe, a redhead SS Performer from the mid 90's that I'm trying to restore, and my Q1200. But, I'm actively working to get them all a spot on the patio, much to my wife's concern. lol

Would love to have you post some pics of what you come up with for next week.

I'm coming for you Weber Wednesday. I know it's early but preparations must be made.

Kak4fN3.jpg

Seasoned, rubbed, and back into the fridge. Until we meet again, beautiful tri-tip. Soon.... Soon....

iRQ9xx6.jpg

It's here my friends. Weber Wednesday is here!

Au gratin potatoes on the Genesis first. I used unpeeled potatoes so it would be some rustic texture to the dish. Also because I'm a dude making au gratin potatoes in my Weber and not Martha *#$&+#@ Stewart.

yDSyEV5.jpg

Tri-tip and salmon are ready to go.

QnJMTJt.jpg

They are getting the charcoal treatment in the performer.

Back