We're on Gear Patrol as the 7 best upgrades for kettles, yay!

Daz Yang

Woke up this morning and while reading my news feed I saw this article titled "7 Best Upgrades for Your Weber Kettle". As a big weber fan I clicked on it and after the tried-and-true hinge, pizza ring then I saw my little black box...so stoked! Wasn't happy with the PartyQ and PitmasterIQ 110 controllers, I started making my own controller with a solder iron and a bare PCB copper board. 4 years later it's the best controller keeping temperature steady for weber kettles and WSM's. Where PID controllers have a hard time keeping the temperature swing minimum in tin metal grills, our linear control algorithm shines. I have to give thanks to Meathead and his Amazingribs.com where I felt like I'm back in my Thermodynamic class back in college...

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/05/28/best-weber-kettle-grill-upgrades/

Daz, that’s great! I looked at your YouTube video, I very much like the way you have incorporated the unit into a ABS ammo box! With battery pack no less! I think when I make the jump to a controller, it will be one of yours, NICE design!

Daz, that’s great! I looked at your YouTube video, I very much like the way you have incorporated the unit into a ABS ammo box! With battery pack no less! I think when I make the jump to a controller, it will be one of yours, NICE design!

Thank you Tim, once you start using the battery box you'll never go back to cords. I pack my Weber GA and controller with a bag of charcoal and roll down the beach smoking all day!

I have a birthday coming and that just makes so much more sense than running more power cords and trip hazards! I like the beach smoking idea!!!

Back