Thread: Ribs, Beans and Corn for Smoke Day Weekend

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Cliff Bartlett's Avatar

Ribs, Beans and Corn for Smoke Day Weekend

Well, here is my offering for Smoke Day Weekend. St. Louis Cut Spareribs, grilled beans and some Weber Cajun Corn.

Rubbed with Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple. We with a straight 3-2-1 on the WSM. Apple wood for smoke.

Got the beans going.

Three hour mark.

Foiled with butter, brown sugar, honey and grape juice. Returned to smoker for 2 more hours.

Sauced for final hour.

Six hours. Decent probe test. If I had more time I would have let them roll for another 30 minutes or so.

Corn ready to go.

Smoke Day Plate.

The ribs wer is. I got too aggressive with the beans. I'm a heat freak but got carried away with the jalapenos. Used them with seeds and it was just too much. Their heat rather overpowered the flavors of the meat. I'm doing another batch tomorrow and will reduce heat level by at least half. Anyway, it was fun cook and also a nice break from the work getting ready for the rapidly approaching fire season. Hope you all had a great weekend and thanks for looking.e delicious. Wonderful flavor. Would have liked the probe test to push through a wee bit easier. Again, we were pushed for time and were 100 percent satisfied as
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Great lookin cook ! I'll take your word on the beans, but they look damn good to me. And those are some meaty spares, they look like baby backs.
    2002 18" WSM , 1999 22 Kettle , 1983 Smokey Joe , 2019 26" Kettle , 2016 Spirit 3 Gasser , Old Country Brazos offset smoker

Nice entry.
    I like your plate pic. Looks awesome !
    Regards, Jan
    Equipment 22.5 WSM and 18.5 WSM and 63 Weber kettles and 1 Weber FirePlace

All looks fantastic, Cliff (as usual!) I'll have to try that corn (though the unadulterated ones I grilled yesterday were right tasty!)

Rich

Nice lookin' sweet ribs! You nailed them. Corn too. As far as hot beans, oh not for me. lol
    Good luck with the upcoming fire season. Hope that you all get a lot of rain this season. And not fires.
    We have been wet all year so far, hope that it continues the rest of the year.
    Keep on Q'n.
    18.5 one touch, 22.5 Performer, Weber go anywhere grill, Weber Bronc smoker, 18.5 WSM
    Med. green egg, PBC, 414 Suburban Hasty Bake, The Good-One Open Range, & M1.

Nice cook Cliff. No seeds in my cooks, I learned my lesson long ago.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Blackstone 17, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Everything looks terrific, Cliff!
    Hope the fires stay away.

The pepper's heat is more in the membrane holding the seeds than in the seeds themselves.
    and a Pit Boss Kamado