Ribs, Beans and Corn for Smoke Day Weekend

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Well, here is my offering for Smoke Day Weekend. St. Louis Cut Spareribs, grilled beans and some Weber Cajun Corn.

Rubbed with Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple. We with a straight 3-2-1 on the WSM. Apple wood for smoke.

enhance

Got the beans going.

enhance

Three hour mark.

enhance

Foiled with butter, brown sugar, honey and grape juice. Returned to smoker for 2 more hours.

enhance

Sauced for final hour.

enhance

enhance

Six hours. Decent probe test. If I had more time I would have let them roll for another 30 minutes or so.

enhance

enhance

Corn ready to go.

enhance

Smoke Day Plate.

enhance

The ribs wer is. I got too aggressive with the beans. I'm a heat freak but got carried away with the jalapenos. Used them with seeds and it was just too much. Their heat rather overpowered the flavors of the meat. I'm doing another batch tomorrow and will reduce heat level by at least half. Anyway, it was fun cook and also a nice break from the work getting ready for the rapidly approaching fire season. Hope you all had a great weekend and thanks for looking.e delicious. Wonderful flavor. Would have liked the probe test to push through a wee bit easier. Again, we were pushed for time and were 100 percent satisfied as

Great lookin cook ! I'll take your word on the beans, but they look damn good to me. And those are some meaty spares, they look like baby backs.

All looks fantastic, Cliff (as usual!) I'll have to try that corn (though the unadulterated ones I grilled yesterday were right tasty!) :)

Rich

Nice lookin' sweet ribs! You nailed them. Corn too. As far as hot beans, oh not for me. lol
Good luck with the upcoming fire season. Hope that you all get a lot of rain this season. And not fires.
We have been wet all year so far, hope that it continues the rest of the year.
Keep on Q'n.

Everything looks terrific, Cliff!
Hope the fires stay away.

The pepper's heat is more in the membrane holding the seeds than in the seeds themselves.

Back