Hello from North Carolina

DougHinNC

I've been a Weber owner and fan for close to 20 years. I just purchased a Summit Silver B, and it urns out it's a project. However, some 1/8 steel and welding took care of the major problems (burned out sheet metal at the front of the box and behind the control panel).

I also have a Red Genesis that I purchased new around 2001 and a Spirt II (unknown age) that I purchased used around 8 years ago. Eager to get my Summit fully functional.

I purchased the Summit because I wanted a side burner and didn't want to pay nearly $1,000 for a new one. If anyone knows where I can get flavor bars for the Summit for under $200 please let me know. I wonder if anyone has experience building a set for the Summit using flavor bars for another model. I'm not afraid of doing some welding (although I'm not a very good welder!)

Welcome to the site, I don't have that model grill but I see people posting about getting stainless steel flavor bars from someone called rcguy or something like that on Ebay , I hope this helps.
Steve

Welcome! I grew up just up the road from you (well, more than a few miles) in Glenwood.

Welcome to the site, I don't have that model grill but I see people posting about getting stainless steel flavor bars from someone called rcguy or something like that on Ebay , I hope this helps.
Steve

Thanks for the tip. I looked him up. He no longer produces flavor bars for the Summit, but he agreed to do make a one off set for me.

Back