Fun with meat slicer

Looks great Chris. I have a similar slicer but have only used it on raw meat. I have been thinking about making pastrami, now I know how I will cut it. Hate cleaning the thing though.

Yes! It does take some effort to clean. :(

Its a bit annoying to clean mine..but well worth it. Dont need tools. When you need it to slice, you need it. And slicing thin and even.....makes all the difference, melt in mouth sandwich meat, and even cooking bacon.

still need to get me the thin sponge thing on a stick to clean behind the blade easy . Mostly my, cleaning takes a bunch of paper towels to get rid of most debris/juice. Then soapy wipedown/rinse...more paper towels. Then disenfecting wipes.

Last edited:
That looks great Chris. I have and old SS Rival meat slicer not the most powerful but so easy to clean.

Very nice! I haven't used a meat slicer since 1986. That's when I stopped being an Army cook and rejoined civilian life.
I remember in 1985, I got a new cook. Since it was right before lunch, and he was an E4, I handed him an apron and told him to slice up some roast beef on the meat slicer.
Not knowing his skills, I kept an eye on him. Sure enough, he reached up to grab a chunk of meat off it without turning it off! Cut a huge chunk out of his thumb and I wound up throwing away about 25 servings of lunch!
Yeah, I cussed him all the way to the ER and I told the Mess sergeant that he wasn't going to be on my shift! :mad:

LOL. My crew always liked being on my shift. We had fun.
But doing something basically really stupid, on your first day, was a big red flag!
We got along great, but I really didn't want to spend a lot of time filling out injury reports, or sending him for MORE training that he should have already had!

Back