My First Rotisserie

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
If you read any of my other posts, I was undecided between an E330 that I bought, and the Silver C....Have heard a lot of negative comments about doing rotisserie on N/S burners, so I am pretty sure will keep the SilverC,,,Anyway doing my FIRST rotisserie ever using the Silver C....Here it is pretty far into the endeavor....Almost quit because drip pan was not balanced and water spilled all over....then adjusted FB's and voila.......
ps I think there might have been rope overkill:)

o2LZ5Bd.jpg

Breast was a little dry so cooked too long. Really undecided about selling the E330 or the Silver C. The chicken was good but I wish I hadn’t cooked as long. Should try the E330 rotisserie with the chicken skewered through the sides. I can get more back on the Silver C because only paid 75$ and it is in great condition. Decisions ?????

I would keep both. The E330 looks like a great grill and I love older Weber grills in great condition. The gas burner setups are different, which means much more fun experimenting. The "official" justification for holding on to both grills is for entertaining capacity. You never know when you might need to host a large group of family and/or friends, so having the Silver C in the garage (or storage shed or wherever), in reserve, ready to put into action is a decent justification for keeping both grills. Promise never to get another grill again...ever, lol.

Hi
Promise... But believe me never a chance I will need both. Really have to decide which in the long term is better to keep. Neither one needs anything except FB in Silver C if I want SS. Best to sell before too far into summer

George,
Keep the Silver C!
You say you had water spill? Why are you using water? That just becomes an unnecessary concern. Just use a drip pan dry no advantage to the water that I know of.

Back