2001 Genesis Gold C

BobJ

TVWBB Super Fan
Picked this up today as my Skyline is getting near end of life. Very little rust, mostly just the lower wire shelf, the grill looks like it was used very little. As my grill lives outside, I keep them covered. Does anyone know of a cover that would fit?, This beast is 70" wide. The only ones I can find are for a center fire box as opposed to this one off to one side.

Dropped KingKong a note on it, they tell me https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01MDJE48V/tvwb-20 will fit, but it's only 61". They suggest I give it a try and send it back to Amazon if it doesn't fit. The Description does say it fits a "C".

TITn2Jp.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I have never seen one of those in the wild. Really a pretty cool looking grill for 2001. I would think that if it would fit a Silver C, it would fit that. How much did you pick that up for? It looks like it was newly rehabbed. Also, what is the story on those wheels on the left? are those factory or are they some kind of modification?

Paid $100. The wheels must be add on, although I didn't ask. The brochure on it shows the standard standard black plastic locking wheels, these are a nice improvement although they do look a bit strange, rolls over the lawn very nicely. I was told he kept it in his pool shed and rolled it out when he needed to cook corn. Even the ID tag looks brand new. Looks like all it needs is a fire box cleaning, repaint the wire shelf, and get a cover. Might repaint the frame just to prevent any rust as that's starting to be an issue on my 2000.

That looks to be a solid buy, BobJ.

BTW, the picture showed up for the first time I viewed this thread, but it no longer shows up.

Also, I don't think that grill cover will fit yours. I have owned a couple of them for an 80s Genesis 2 and a 2004 Gold B, and it was a relative tight fit for both.

Last edited:
No photo, so have no clue what you're all talking about. Please try using Imagur and following the directions we have posted. Seems to be the only thing that actually puts the photos on the post

I'll see if I can find the instructions, looked around some before I posted. I can see the image.

No photo, so have no clue what you're all talking about. Please try using Imagur and following the directions we have posted. Seems to be the only thing that actually puts the photos on the post

Where do I find the instructions?

I just see a blank place holder. If I leave the browser window and attempt to open the photo I get a large blank window indicating "no photo available". The only thing I have found to consistently allow photos to show is Imagur. Properly used (pasting the correct link) it shows the photo inline with the post and no need to leave the current window. Would be soooooooo simpler and better if the photos were just placed on the site like every other board I use though

Never realized it was Imgur not Iamgur. Just now looked. Imgur is what I figured out and what actually DOES work

Thanks folks, changed the image on the original post to a BBCode, I think. Let me know if it better for you now.

By the way, I fired up the new/old grill to burn off any grease and magically all the nice black aluminum casting turned the well known grey. Guess I learned a lesson on this one.

Kind of like used car lots oiling the tires.

That's a nice grill and a good pick up! I did this one for my friend last month...only this one doesn't have the side burner and he wanted a redhead.

rNfgHw8.jpg

Looks like you're missing the accessory wire rack that sits below the hood and control panel (or maybe not)...? Here's a schematic for your gril...

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/w...grate-grill-parts-c-193079_193087_193310.html

Looks like the 2 caster wheels that you're missing are still available and those are better than the ones on the other frames but the one you have modified looks heavy duty. You can also drop a Genesis 1000 box in there if you want the deep firebox.

Last edited:
I have never seen one of those in the wild. Really a pretty cool looking grill for 2001. I would think that if it would fit a Silver C, it would fit that. How much did you pick that up for? It looks like it was newly rehabbed. Also, what is the story on those wheels on the left? are those factory or are they some kind of modification?

Hey Bruce, it won't fit a Silver C (already tried) but it will fit a 1000 firebox and I believe the manifold is the same as I have done it with my Budweiser grill.

That Gold is a very nice one. I think you did great! That model looks extra tough with its heavier duty original Summit frame.

Got it done, out with the old rust bucket and in with the new. Thanks to those who helped.

New SS flavorizers, SS grates, a few small parts, 7 cans of paint, and $20 worth of cleaning supplies. Roughly $270 total and 20 - 30 hours work. I would suggest for those taking on a like project pick up one of the spray can handles, much much easier then holding the button down with your finger.

The underside wire shelf is done too, just forgot to put it on before taking a picture.

RLNjrPI.jpg
[/IMG]
hbcrHYd.jpg

Last question, the grate for the side burner is rusty only on the underside, is it worth wire brushing and painting with the high heat paint?

oS3N1Hv.jpg
[/IMG]

The Skyline was really shot and not worth rehabbing, took off what parts looked salvageable and trashed the rest.

Still need to find a 70" cover.

Thanks again.

the grate for the side burner is rusty only on the underside, is it worth wire brushing and painting with the high heat paint?

I have that same grill in green. Now I want to look at the bottom of my side burner.

Looks like a good work around for the lack of caster inserts from Weber. I did something involving jb weld, and retained the casters.

BobJ: Do you still have the little condiment basket that is supposed to be on the right side of the Skyline in front of the control panel? If so, I would like to buy it from you.
PM me,
Bruce

Back