I’m a really lucky guy!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Lucky because I have a small business less than ten minutes away that makes some of the best sausages I’ve been party to!
Youz Guyz sausage in Portage Mi. Makes truly artisanal small batch sausages with an attention to quality that has set the bar pretty high for (unsmoked) sausages. I have tried most of Chris’s offerings and I can honestly, with NO reservations, say that the consistency and quality is worth the trip!
If you are in SW lower Michigan, get over there, meet the man, buy the sausage, enjoy your dinner!
I have no financial interest in this but, I feel that a small business that is this good needs some praise!
I’m picking up some “Don Ho” sausages tonight for Monday!
Just sharing a really great product with you all!

As a very little kid we moved to Mi in about 64, started school in about 66, we would take field trips to the most amazing places,1 in particular stands out, it was a butcher shop where they made all kinds of sausages and hot dogs, miles and miles of hot dogs lol. My grandkids have never been to a planetarium and never seen a lot of things that we were shown thru grade school up there. I don't know why the northern states have all the great museum's but I shore hate it for our kids here in the south. A shop specializing in sausage making could stay sold out around the Knoxville Tn area and if I were a younger man I would pursue that

What’s bringing you to the area and, when Fletch? If it’s around Fathers Day he makes a sausage he calls “The Duke” But, he only makes it right around then, I’m going to pre order some this year!

I ended up with a bunch of goodies,
“Big Lebowski”
A loop of Italian
The Don Ho

Last edited:
My butcher makes sausages that are pretty awesome, but probably nothing at the level you are talking about. Sounds awesome. I prefer uncooked sausages so I can cook them how I want. Of course my favorite is my own. I've got the stuff in the freezer to make a batch and I need to soon.

I’m just home from picking up my “Dukes”! Great visit with Chris, hard nosed joking and a whole bunch of good sausages! He only makes them this week and only 50 pounds so, when they’re gone, that’s it until next year. I got 2 for my wife’s son and four for myself three will freeze and I’ll keep one out just because I want some!
He’s also making some Merguez which I may have to go back for.

Back