Burner air adjustment

Dale L. in N. Ga.

TVWBB Member
I am restoring a silver b that I picked up and was wanting to know how to adjust the air mixture on the burners. I lit it and had alot of orange flame. The burners are good and I have a full tank of gas. What should the flame look like? Thanks

I think there is something else wrong with the burners. The flame should be blue with yellow tips. I have seen them burn orange just after cleaning or if debris falls on them, but after it burns off, they should go back to blue/yellow.

If you want to mess with adjusting the airflow, look at the burner venturi and if it wide open of almost shut, then adjust them closer to being half open and go from there.

Those air shutters don't magically go out of adjustment. If you have a grill running normally and than it begins to burn "dirty" adjustment is not the issue. Look to gas supply, cleanliness, and pressures NOT readjustment.

Yah, my guess is the burners need cleaning or a chance to burn off contamination. Other issue could just be the burners are shot and the holes are bigger and connected due to corrosion between them.

Back