RO Premium 2x18lb at Walmart Dallas TX, $8.88

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Got a report out of Dallas that Walmart is selling RO Premium Charcoal 2x18lb for $8.88, 24.7¢/lb. Thanks to Doug S for the info!

iaQX9ro.jpg

I grabbed a 2 pk this am at Walmart to comare it to KBB before I bought a bunch. It looks exactly the same as KBB except that the Royal Oak is slightly smaller in size. I will be loading up on the Royal Oak vs the HD sale.

I picked up 2 twin packs. I haven't opened one yet and it may be a while before I do. I'm interested in it. The regular Royal Oak briquettes are fine. I'm hoping the all-natural are closer to the weber.

I grabbed all they had at 2 Walmarts, 540 lbs. Need to grab a couple hundred more lbs at another Walmart today and then I am set for the next 12 months.

I picked up 4 twin packs on Friday. Along with the 3 twin packs of KBB in the garage, I'm set for the next 6 months. I'll stock up for the winter and spring months when the Labor Day Sales begin...

Our Lowe's ad shows the twin KBB 20's for $14.88, up two bucks from MD sales.
Starting tomorrow, I think, through the 4th.
Makes the WM deal look even better.

Finishing up right now on a beef plate rib cook and the RO Premium seems to burning quicker then KB. Not a scientific study just my initial observations.

Edit: After further review, I was wrong. The RO burned about the same as KB so forget what I wrote. :)

Last edited:

Back