Grease tray

Mike Tee

TVWBB Fan
Hi,

My grease tray (not the drip pan) has some holes in it, possibly from moisture trapped under grease?

I have a Silver B from some time ago - the 'classic' model with 5 flavourizer bars. This is my favourite of the weber gassers - I don't like the enclosed doors or the much larger more recent SS models.

I've found someone giving away a newer Silver B - the model with doors. The lid is a match. The grills are also in good shape so I'll get some other spare parts, but most importantly will the grease tray from this fit on to my existing BBQ? It's a fair drive and time is tight right now.

Thanks!

MT

Mike,

These expressions can easily get confusing. It seems like you are referring to the large slide-out grease tray and not the small pan that you line with the disposable foil pan liners. The large slide out drip tray from one Silver B will fit another Silver B (not a 2 burner Silver A, though), but the ones from the classic old 13 flavorizer bar firebox will NOT interchange with a newer 5-bar Silver/Gold/Platinum. The small drip pans have been the same from the beginning.

Mike,

These expressions can easily get confusing. It seems like you are referring to the large slide-out grease tray and not the small pan that you line with the disposable foil pan liners. The large slide out drip tray from one Silver B will fit another Silver B (not a 2 burner Silver A, though), but the ones from the classic old 13 flavorizer bar firebox will NOT interchange with a newer 5-bar Silver/Gold/Platinum. The small drip pans have been the same from the beginning.

Perfect! It's the large tray I'm after, and both are Silver B's. I did just notice that the temperature is in the centre on the newer one, but pretty confident it's a silver b. It may even have had silver written on the handle.

My other option is to rivet the damaged tray.

Last edited:
So I picked up the grill, the pull out tray is in good shape and the grills are okay. I'll keep them as a backup. Any other parts I should keep just in case? I already have a backup set of burner tubes.

I prefer the older style lid (with temp on the right) compared to the temp in centre of the newer one.

Also, this grill has the little basket shelf that rests inside the lid - but because the lid is larger, it doesn't fit into the older lid. Should I just grind this down a little, or maybe it didn't fit because I was tired and it was pitch black? Do people find this basket practical? I hate the rear shelf and have removed it because it always gets in the way, so this seems like a great alternative.

Last edited:

Back