Finally pics of my Genesis Silver C

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Finally figured out how to post pics(I hope)..As mentioned have a large Genesis E330 but have read about poor outcomes with rotisserie, so decided to look for an older Weber with E/W burners. Found this one for $100, but ended up getting it for $75, plus he gave me a replacement propane tank, Waiting anxiously for your opinions about the purchase and general comments. Thanks.George
6rWjGJq.jpg

kyI8IXo.jpg

reAaJtY.jpg

WQU1na0.jpg

cNEyrXX.jpg

4rxtaV8.jpg

iGqyx74.jpg

0WN04hs.jpg

Ma9SJbb.jpg

J8MZdJw.jpg

I tried to take pics from different angles so you could see the frame around the box. Thanks.

Last edited:
Looks like you got a nice grill. Main thing is that the bottom tray is still good. When posting pics though use the bbcode instead of the link address so the actual picture shows up on the thread.

When you use Imagur use the BBCForum link rather than the one above it that only poss the link. It's especially annoying on multiple pics to have to leave the browser window for all these links posted. If you use the proper link the photo ill show up in your post and people don;t have to constantly click back and forth

Yah, you did good George. Just maintain the grill here and there (especially the bottom tray) and you should be set for the next 10+ years. What kind of flavorizer bars did it come with?

Did you clean up the grill or did it come in that condition? It looks pretty good, and ready to grill. I didn't see any pictures of the flavorizer bars, but the burners and grates look too be in good shape. Along with the rest of it. It's either been well cleaned, or barley used from what I can tell.

That basket hanging in the roto slots belongs in the lid. You'll see a spot on the inside of the lid to hang it from.

Thanks. The flavorizer bars have no rust through but has rust spots on them. I might buy SS Ones if I decide to keep it. It came basically like that I hosed it down some but did not touch the grates( which are in great shape). Painted the top and bottom of the tray. Otherwise was clean as it looks. Don’t think it got much use. I think it was worth 75 esp when I see some of the rusty frames on ones asking 100. Let me know. Thanks

$75 is an awesome deal for a grill in that condition you plan on using. You even got the side burner. Rust spots on the flavorizer bars is no big deal. Use them until they no longer do what they are supposed to do. Then think about replacing them.

Looks like you don't have to replace anything And from what I can tell it's in a condition that will serve you for a while before you have to think about buying anything to keep it going.

I've seen grills like yours that need everything inside the fire box replaced (grates, bars, burner, ignitor) and people were asking as much or more than what you paid.

You did very well there. It looks quite clean and usable as is even the auxiliary racks are still shiny. Got the good CI grates there as well. Hell a little elbow grease and it's golden

Very nice George, grill looks to be in very good condition. The E/W configuration is what you want if you're going to use a rotisserie. I have four genesis grills with that E/W set up.

It looks nice, I always liked the big round knobs from 2004+.

I just found the part number for the side burner yesterday too, I might buy some the next time I have to place an order with Weber.

Thanks everyone! Actually have a rack of spareribs on their now. Lit up all burners plus side burner and got a very nice blue flame. Put a drip pan on top of back bars and put ribs over it. Turned off the middle and front burner and have front around mid heat. My thermpro probe is telling me the temp is 278 give or take a bit

Now as u can see in the background I have a 2011 E330 that is in great shape. No rust at all. What the heck do I do with it???Please help. Thanks. George

Thanks everyone! Actually have a rack of spareribs on their now. Lit up all burners plus side burner and got a very nice blue flame. Put a drip pan on top of back bars and put ribs over it. Turned off the middle and front burner and have front around mid heat. My thermpro probe is telling me the temp is 278 give or take a bit

Now as u can see in the background I have a 2011 E330 that is in great shape. No rust at all. What the heck do I do with it???Please help. Thanks. George

Sell the grill to get your money back and then some to buy some quality SS flavo bars and grates.

I understand. That is the right thing. It really is too big for the both of us and rotisserie is not good results as you guys have said. This Silver seems to be fine with the option of also good rotisserie results

It's totally up to you though, keep which one you like. For me I like the vintage ones because they're built like tanks and are easy to maintain. You can also get more of your money back if you do sell the E330. Depending on its condition I've seen used ones go for around $500 in my area.

That 330 is a beast. I bought new Qualimetal SS grids and FB But would not include the grates. Rather exchange them for new SS bars for the Silver. I probably would keep these porcelain grates on the Silver because in such good shape although I like the easier cleaning of SS. The only drawback to the Silver is no cabinet. But if I empty grease pan after cook there shouldn’t b a problem with animals.
Wonder if people have built cabinets around them

I understand. That is the right thing. It really is too big for the both of us and rotisserie is not good results as you guys have said. This Silver seems to be fine with the option of also good rotisserie results

I get a kick out of how you think that grill is so big. It is really no bigger than the one you just bought

Back