Spare ribs in a rotisserie

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Anybody done and how are they. Anything in particular that should b noted. Want to slow cook rotisserie. Thanks George

I tried it out by weaving the rack onto the spit rod. Results were not good. As the meat cooks and shrinks it creates all kinds of havoc. Much better just laying them on the grates or using a rib rack YMMV

I have a rib rack haven’t really used it usually I leave them flat and indirect cook them Do you prefer the rib rack or flat have not used the silver C yet only used my large E330. What do you think the difference between the 2 grills would be re: setup burners used. Thanks. George

I havent
I know of someone that does them on a rotisserie inside smoker for competition, and at his restaurant. Reason is both sides cook at different rates in his setup. Outside is hotter, more tender, bottom inside not as done, holds it together

No preference either way. Simply depends on how many racks I need to cook and on which grill. If I use the Wolf I can cook 3 easily with no rack but the Genesis is so tiny in comparison I can only do 1 rack effectively unless I use a rack. Actually I can get 2 squeezed into the Genesis without a rack but it takes much more baby sitting to do them nicely. But I can easily do 4 or more maybe 5 on the Wolf with no rack. But than again that grill is so big I could fit 2 Genesis grills in it

Back