Need help please

Judy

Hello,
I have a Genesis EP 330 SE that is no longer working. I enjoy using the grill but when it comes to repairs I don’t have the skill or aptitude to do them myself. The unit has been under the carport & is in good condition, well with the exception of electronic ignition & burners do not work. Hoping members can offer advice or suggestions to my dilemma.

* any suggestions for repair person in my area, Whitehouse, Tx?
* how likely is it to find parts for this unit.
* given I’m not likely to be able to repair myself & the cost of parts would it be more reasonable to sell unit or give to brother-in-law & purchase new grill. Genesis is now out of my price range, possibly spirit 2.
* I don’t remember when purchased. Sticker reads 65301 Genesis EP330. Special edition is on grill itself.
2 barcodes indicating s/n, one reads P: 05813 111 The second (I suspect is actual s/n) unfortunately is not readable.

So, any assistance appreciated.
Thanks,
Judy

Odds are just a dead battery in the ignitor. Your owner's manual should have replacement instruction

The electric starters are failure prone. Anybody with a basic sense of using a couple tools can easily replace. First remove old battery and make sure there is no corrosion. If not, then I agree with Larry that all you may need is a new battery.

Thanks for the replies. I did change the battery but no joy. I do think i’m going to challenge myself to try to repair. I figure it’s worth a shot.

Can you light it manually with a lighter? Just to make sure it is only the igniter which is not working.

It is propane. I need to get propane tomorrow & will then try lighting with a match. I did find serial #.

Yes try it with a lighter... the igniter is very easy to replace. just post the S/N and we will help you find the part. thanks

If you use a match then use it with the match holder which is on that chain. Somewhere inside of the door. Otherwise your fingers will be way to close to the flame. Better even get one of these stick lighters. They work well in the gas grill. You can stick it through the hole in the front.

I don’t think the newer (front control) Genesis grills have a manual light hole like the old ones did. No crossover, so each burner has to be lit individually.

Oh Fellows, you stopped me from being stupid, Thank you, thank you. I went back & scrapped the battery connection pts & it is now working. The first burner will have a very low flame but goes out. The other 3 are working. The side burner will not light, I guess that means it is not getting gas?

Sounds to me like you are about out of propane and don’t have enough gas pressure. Are you sure the valve is fully open? Sometimes the tank valve itself goes bad, too. If the tank is full and the valve is open see if you can borrow another tank that is known working and try that.

Last edited:
If only one burner acts up it could also be that the spider web is clogged on the burner. Not enough air flow and the burner could turn off. Same for the side burner. Insects love to get in there.

Looks like about 1/3 of tank left. I do have a lot of spiders & insects around so probably should clean burner & check spider block. From what I can tell from manual the control panel has to come off? Yikes, scary but guess I’ll try it. Any words of wisdom for this novice?
Judy

Looking at that video I would have to say good luck getting those screws out at the back after a few years. What a bad design

Thank you, the video is very helpful. I notice the other burners also have orange in the flame, should it be all blue? Also how to clean the burners when they are removed? (Btw, they don’t look at all greasy.) Can vinegar or another cleaning agent be sprayed in the holes.
I sincerely appreciate everyone’s help.....I wouldn’t attempt this without it.
Judy

If the burners are rusted I clean the outside of the burners with sandpaper and water. If holes are clogged up you can clean them with a needle or a tiny screw driver:
http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2015/08/deep-cleaning-your-weber-gas-grill/
When there are orange flames that means the burners are not getting enough oxygen. The spider screens at the end of the burners need to be cleaned and adjusted. When you loosen the screw you can twist them to close or open to regulate the airflow. Airflow is best when the flames are blue.
http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/2017/01/spider-screens-inspection-cleaning/

Thanks for the added resources,very helpful. Fortunately, I lucked out & screws came out fairly easy. Going to take my time but will let you know results......or to ask more questions. Hope all have a good weekend.
Judy

Back