Calling Bruce!!

If it was closer, I would grab it. It popped up just after I drove 50 miles down to pick up that Platinum from my camping site. I with it had popped before I left.
Anyway, I have two things against it. First it is the earlier Genesis without the caster wheels and second, it is just a two burner. But, for $10, I probably would grab it if it wasn't so far away. It is still about 50 miles from my house.

Larry, this would be a much better deal IMO. WHile the price is higher, it looks like it was well taken care of and probably could be burning cow flesh in minutes.

https://madison.craigslist.org/for/d/sun-prairie-weber-genesis-silver-2/6892660260.html

Bruce, you are probably very right, but my old time Weber nostalgia is with the first older Silver. It just seems to have a classier look to it. The durawood is totally fine, but if you really wanted to go all out, substituting some oak slats with nice grain stained a golden oak color and putting on a wooden handle to match would really make it pop!

https://madison.craigslist.org/for/d/madison-weber-gas-grill/6892077775.html

Certainly Jon. It would be pretty easy to convert a Silver A to wood. One thing about the older two burners is the "half" shelf. I like the functionality and look of the full shelf, much better.

One idea on that bottom shelf that I plan to try is to make a horizontal back shelf with two wide slats much like the very old Genesis 2,3,4 had. I think a half wood shelf and half basket would be a nice combination.

Jon, you are much more the artist that me. I am more about utility and simplicity. I guess that goes along with flipping rather than collecting. Hahaha. Anyway, I try to stick to the Silver B three burners for that reason. They are just simple and easy to flip. Not necessarily the prettiest or most elegant, just functional and resellable.

Bruce,

That's why you pick up grills, fix them up and SELL them! I pick them up with great intentions and ACCUMULATE them:(.

Not me, but i grabbed an e330 this morning for $20. I havent had time for a good inspection, but ig has the normal rust on bottom and sides. Plus, i lost a knob on the highway.

Damn you lose a lot of parts on the highway. Maybe you should try to keep it under a hundred LOL

Ya think? Damn, I didnt think a knob would fly off. Usually, I have to Lou Ferigno them.

Well, Richard Petty, at least you got the grill for a song. If you don’t already have another knob let me know.

I lost 2 knobs off the first sidewinder I ever bought. (my keeper)
I always give them a good pull before loading now.

Don't feel too bad was cutting the front lawn yesterday (I use the walk behind mower for that) and I guess I forgot to tighten the handle knob and poof one side of the handle falls off and there I am bent over like a damn fool looking for the big plastic knob in the lawn. Forget the screw but at least I found that locking knob. Know for sure because it is a Honda mower that darn knob would cost $20 LOL

Only $12 LOL. Luckily I found it. It's good stuff in how it runs mine is actually a the HRB216HXA (hydrostatic transmission). I just went all through it I had just bought it 2nd hand and discovered the left wheel drive had fallen apart and the drive shaft was all chewed up. Had a hell of a time modifying everything and getting it working correctly. That darn transmission cost like $265 YIKES!

Only $12 LOL. Luckily I found it. It's good stuff in how it runs mine is actually a the HRB216HXA (hydrostatic transmission). I just went all through it I had just bought it 2nd hand and discovered the left wheel drive had fallen apart and the drive shaft was all chewed up. Had a hell of a time modifying everything and getting it working correctly. That darn transmission cost like $265 YIKES!

That's the best one! Same one I have myself. Get the new style tank lid so you won't lose it. When you have to change the bearings in the knife clutch be aware they are standard metric bearings and you don't have to pay Honda for them. If the transmission is noisy you need new seals and some overpriced hydrostatic oil. The rest just works.

Yep, love the way it cuts and the speed holding is really nice. Yes I know about the bearing(s). Ordered from Amazon for about $8 ea. I am going to throw some photos up on the different thread Chris has set up for non grill stuff so I don't clog up this one. I rebuilt the PTO clutch on my Honda 4514 tractor and when one of the lower tensioner pulleys went south I cut out the spot welds and found a bearing. Bolted it all back and it woks like a champ. I will make a thread labeled "Honda" in Just Conversation on this board you can have a peak

Back