One or Two burners

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
What is the best setup for rotisserie chicken etc. on a 3 burner east to west burners. Do I just run the front burner or front and back? Will there b room if I leave flavorizer with drip pan on the flavorizer. Appreciate pics. Have Weber Genesis Silver C with thermometer in middle of lid. Thanks. George

Leave center burner off always when spinning. Whether to use 1 or 2 burners then is a matter of what you're looking for. Sometimes I use only one and run it quite hot and sometimes I run 2 but low/med. Start with something cheap like chicken don't go out and buy expensive meat until you have some time doing it under your belt

Yah, make sure you put a drip pan under the item being cooked, the pan can lay on the flavorizer bars.

u2NwRwv.jpg

LlxUoqf.jpg

I'd also suggest getting a 2+ probe thermometer to accurately measure the temp. of the grill.

You double posted this. As for drip pans I at times have not used one and other times have. If you don't just make sure to leave the flavo bar over the center burner or it will clog up. If you do use a drip pan make sure to keep some water in it. Otherwise the drippings will burn and give off a bad odor. Also if you don't use one keep in mind the grease catch tray may over fill.

I use the front and back burner. Depending on the size of the bird I even remove the three center flavorizer bars. In this case I had 12lb turkey and placed a pan with water between the outer two flavorizer bars to capture the drippings for gravy.
plTYC3Hxj

Here is a 6 lb chicken on my Genesis 1000 with the top row of flavorizer bars removed. I cook them at 350 degrees and the burner situation doesn't matter a whole lot. The key is to either the front or back or both but to get the desired temp at food level. You just don't want to use the middle burner directly under the chicken. The lid thermometer will not be real accurate for that. I use a Thermoworks Smoke remote thermometer.

gtmPutO.jpg

Sorry for the double post but I realize that I would get more responses on this forum I was wondering if the drip pan with Balance on the center burner without the flavor riser bars ?how does that work

It works fine either way. The only reason to remove the flavo bars is for clearance clarence :D Don't call me Clarence :D Any way I digress

Still would like to know how do you balance the drip pan on the middle burner. It seems if you remove the middle e FB how will the pan balance

That is where the Genesis 1000 shines. You can take out the top row of bars, giving you plenty of room for the roto with a stable place for the drip pan.

That is where the Genesis 1000 shines. You can take out the top row of bars, giving you plenty of room for the roto with a stable place for the drip pan.

Unless you are like me and have a deep fire box with custom made FBs that are only one row and taller

Larry,
I got a set of those with a Genesis 1100 I picked up. Do you think they are an improvement? I always thought the double layer was an important part of the original design that got dumbed down to save on cost.

Not sure how you got them as the ones I have were made years ago by a fabricator friend of my dad's. I have never seen them anywhere else but with mine, my dad's and now th eone I gave son in law. Anyway as for "improvement" it's hard to say. I have switched back and forth from double to single row. I think the single row cooks a tad more evenly. I actually got the idea from a Weber rep. I called with an issue on my original Genesis 2 being uneven. Rep said try taking out the top row. Well it helped so I commandeered my dad into asking his friend could he make a set like the newer grills had but to fit the old. I gave him specs and he built them. We're all still using them

Back