Weber 26'' Kettle and scaffolding grill cart

Charles D

Hi All,
New here and new to Weber grilling. After doing a little research, I knew I wanted a Weber 26''. Also, I wanted a portable grill table with a solid cover. I have plenty of space, but in Florida everything rusts.

So, here is what I did:
1. order the Weber 26''
2. Order scaffolding from walmart (I can provide details on which kind if needed). I knew the scaffolding would work size wise, cause I uses a set for storage already.
cNiXZ2V.jpg
[/IMG]
sMxSUMz.jpg
[/IMG]
QcniV2g.jpg
[/IMG]
3. Painted the scaffolding black with spray on high temp grill spray. This was a mistake cause it scrateches and shows the yellow easily. Bu I just touch up as needed.
Xb16PYM.jpg

4. inserted the kettle. no bracing required but I chose to sink one screw in a secured board just to be needed. The Kettle seats on the metal framing with no adjustments required.
Kivc9bq.jpg
[/IMG]
5. Cut up an old cedar water bed headboard to create a table.
6. Used the a metal rod to become a support for a light roof
7. Used a metal screen door frame to support a light, aluminum (tin?) roof.
8. Made the front of roof adjustable for tilting purposes.
NrVpBTj.jpg
[/IMG]
9. Added a screen to help with the sun.
10. Added lighting.
uIltrvs.jpg
[/IMG]

Done

I did this 4 weeks ago and it has worked perfect for smoking and grilling every weekend. Even worked through a Florida downpour last weekend during 12 hour beef brisket smoking.
c3ftNdM.jpg
[/IMG]

For your first post Charles that is spectacular! Nice work! What kind of scaffolding did you order from Walmart? I would like to do something like that for my 26er. I like the idea of not having to drill the kettle bowl.

That is a cool idea. Never thought about that. That scaffolding provides the base for a roof. How high is the scaffolding?

That is a very cool idea, i really like the tilting roof idea that can be handy anywhere. you have a good sized work surface room for storage under neath and it can move easily. SWEET, now actions shots please.

What a neat idea! That's what we call a baker scaffold. I have two in my garage, one for a rolling storage unit and the other is a rolling miter saw/workbench.
We use those everyday on the jobsite, and I'm gonna share your pics with the crew.:cool:

Tim

One question now that I look at it again, why leave the legs on? Seems like something to just bash a shin against at just the wrong minute.
Sometimes I am just confusing!

2 Reasons for the legs: 1) I'll lose them in my clutter. 4 garages, 1 workshop, 3 storage sheds...so best place to keep them is attached. 2) This whole assembly can be deconstructed in 2 mins. Nothing is attached permanently. I can lift the grill out by removing one screw (hand tightened). The boards that make the table sit on the lip of the bakers scaffolding. The roof has a continuous rod attached with nuts on each side. So, disassemble is easy, but it is all tight and secure at the same time.

no shin bashing cause the legs sit inside of the scaffolding. Currently, I attached a little rack (using an above ground pool ladder and zip ties) from the legs to the opposite side of the scaffolding for storage.

I understand the storage issue sure as you’re born! I have ten pounds of stuff in a five pound garage! The added advantage of having them still attached for times when the rig needs to be disassembled makes a lot of sense as well!
Very cool.

Has anyone else tried using scaffolding as a cart for a Weber 26-inch Kettle? I’d love to see some photos of the Weber 26-inch Kettle installed.

Last edited:

Back