Will a Genesis Silver C fit in the back of a highlander or Rav 4

He listed it at $100 I am not willing to spend that. Have no idea how much he will take??? Pictures of it look good but it has a solid tray on the bottom not the grid one. Wonder why? Have to check close up. How high do you think it is worth. And what do I do with my great condition 2011 E330??? Thanks. Waiting for input

> it has a solid tray on the bottom not the grid one.

It must be a 2004.

Does it look like this (but in better condition)?

34873008943_086cdf1818_b.jpg

Ok, when you go and look at it take a good look at the solid bottom. Those are notorious for rusting. Make sure it hasn't rusted through. If the rust is minimal (can be fixed) then I'd offer $40.

Also put down a tarp before you load. Whatever dirt is in the firebox will fall out when the grill is on it back.

Thanks for your help. Will check bottom as best as I can(3 hip surgeries)....would it be as well built as my E330, 2011 with not a speck of rust in the box or in the cabinet

So the problem with those Silver C's are the solid bottom tray. Since Weber used cheap metal on that piece it is prone to rust. Also, those 2 horizontal bars on the tray are part of the tray, they aren't actually connected to the vertical bars so once that tray goes then the support goes as well. It doesn't mean that it won't stand because it still will but I'm not sure what kind of long term effect will happen if there isn't that kind of support.

About 40 miles. No pics of inside. The one I am looking at tomorrow is the hood removed by pulling the 2 cotter pins. If he says 75-80$ is it worth it???

I wouldn't worry about the inside. That is a nice grill and free! Yes, the hood is removed by taking out the cotter pins. Not sure if $75-80 is worth it but I'd take the free grill and put $75-80 worth of stuff into that one.

Yah Stefan, I'd be all over that!

Aw man, that was a steal...literally! I'd try to get that Silver C for $50. Of course it depends on the condition of the bottom tray and the bar that houses the bolt that connects to the firebox.

So tomorrow morning instead of driving 40 miles in bad traffic I’m going to go a couple miles away and have a look at that silver c keeping in mind all the things to look for I don’t understand what was said about the horizontal bar is not attaching to the vertical and if they rust out there’s no support I don’t understand that at all

Back