Weber Genesis Silver

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi. There are a few around ranging from $40-$100 is this a good model for rotisserie. Since they are older how has their reputation been. ? Thanks. George
I believe there is a Silver C for $100

It's a great model for rotisserie cooking because the burners run from left to right. You can evenly apply heat across the whole rotisserie. That is what makes the old Genesis so great.

Yes, they are great for roti cooking due to the EW burner setup. If you can though try and look for a Genesis 1000 - 5000 series grill as they have deeper fireboxes. You can't go wrong with any of them though.

Performance wise, the older Genesis 1000-5000 are probably a little better due to the deeper fire box and two rows of flavorizer bars, however they are a bit more costly to maintain with the more costly flavorizer bars. Then again, they are typically a little cheaper to buy in the first place. I think that if you keep your eyes open, you can find a good candidate for $50 or less. If you are in a rush, a little more is good as long as the main parts of it are sound and the only parts you might need to replace or do significant work on are the burners, flavorizer bars and cooking grates.

Look for rust on the frame on the left side of the fire box where the screw attached the fire box to the frame. Also, look for warped areas on the fire box, especially along the front edge and right side above the burners.

Thank you. Great things to know. Going to have a look tomorrow. Will my Weber genesis e330(2011) rotisserie kit fit? It’s close by so will go and look but will not pay $100. I think too much? Oh yes how is it outside of rotisserie cooking, like burgers etc compared to my 2011 e330

What kind of rotisserie do you have? I think you mentioned in another thread that it's from Onegrill? I have one from Onegrill also and it fits my Weber (with the deep firebox, 13 bar) perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008RS6UOC/tvwb-20

If the grill is $100 try and offer $40 and see if the seller will budge or counter with another offer. The Silver/1000 compared to the E330 for burgers and stuff are pretty much the same IMO.

WRT the rotisserie, it kind of depends. Some Weber rotisserie spit rods are universal to a degree and have extra grooves cut into the shaft where it would pass through the side of the grill box. If your's doesn't have those grooves, all is not lost if you are kind of handy. You can buy bushings that would slip onto the rod and with the careful application of a Dremel or grinder, you could ensure that the bushing would fit into the little U shaped part of the side of the grill box. Hope that makes sense.

I have the rotisserie from OneGrill it fits on my e330 perfectly. When you made the turkey did you put the drip pan directly on the burners? How many burners do you have and which ones were turned on? Thanks

Ok, so we probably have the same roti. When I did my turkey, since I have the deep firebox I just take off the top row of flavorizer bars and put the pan directly in the middle (under the turkey, on top of the second row of bars) and have only the top and bottom burners going.

Last edited:

Back