Pork Butt - SugarFree Rub

Ryan.M

Hey All -

I am trying to cut down on sugar and wanted to try a rub that had no sugar.

Can i use the SPOG Rub? (Salt/Pepper/Onion/Garlic) . Is it good just that simple?

Or are there some that may be better?

I would like to keep it simple.

SPOG will work on pretty much anything! I've been on the Keto diet for just over a month now and discovered Bad Byron's Butt Rub. I got a large bottle from Costco. No sugar, and it turned out to be the best pulled pork I've ever made. I also used it on chicken, and it was very good too. You can also find several homemade rub recipes that are sugar-free. Check out G. Hughes BBQ sauces if you want a sugar-free sauce. The Hickory is popular, but I liked the Sweet & Spicy better.

I am also on Keto. Byron's Butt rub is fantastic. Give you the bbq flavor but also let's the pork flavor shine threw. I love it!

SmOkE OuT!!!

Kosmos Q has made an entire line of sugar free rubs. He's located here in OKC and I've never tried his rubs, but he does a great business nationally. Lotsa people like his stuff.

Start of this vid , he talks about his sugar free rubs

You say you want simple. Tell you what I'm going to do. My wife doesn't go for pepper. Anything out of a bottle is out of bounds. She has a case of the too muches. Too much salt. Too much garlic. I now cook naked butts. I season the meat I'm going to eat after pulling the meat. Not bad.

Back