Kingsford Professional $6 off at Costco May 22 - June 16

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Kingsford Professional $6 off at Costco. 2/18lb bags, limit 5. May 22 - June 16.

aV9qkgs.jpg

Wow, I think if we could get Kingsford Pro that cheap, I'd use it all the time. It's unfortunately only ever sold for a buck a pound around here.

Yeah, I saw that, too. Couldn’t find a current price when I looked on the website.

I recently looked at a side by side comparison Chris did a while back of several charcoal brands. My takeaway was that Weber stood out for longevity. It is my favorite choice for lower heat bbq. But It looks like Kingsford Professional is the fastest, hottest charcoal. I would like to try it in the old CharQ I picked up. It did ok with Weber charcoal, but the ability to generate high heat was a little off.

I am waiting for this sale and will update my results using Kingsford Professional on the CharQ.

Yeah, I saw that, too. Couldn’t find a current price when I looked on the website.

I recently looked at a side by side comparison Chris did a while back of several charcoal brands. My takeaway was that Weber stood out for longevity. It is my favorite choice for lower heat bbq. But It looks like Kingsford Professional is the fastest, hottest charcoal. I would like to try it in the old CharQ I picked up. It did ok with Weber charcoal, but the ability to generate high heat was a little off.

I am waiting for this sale and will update my results using Kingsford Professional on the CharQ.

I am just using my last bag of that it burns very fast I have 20 bags of the Weber so will be moving on to that. I was not happy with it on my performer could barely get an hour and half out of it at 350 which is what I do wings at so have had to add a bit more charcoal a few times. In the smoker it works great but of course that is running at a much lower temp.

Brian,
I think you will like Weber charcoal very much. I do. My interest in the Kingsford Professional is exactly because of the fast, high heat. The CharQ has a somewhat limited fuel/air supply, so I am hoping this Kingsford variety can help it get up to high grilling heat quicker and more effectively. The CharQ isn’t good for long cooks or low and slow bbq, so a long lasting charcoal isn’t important.

Last edited:
Brian,
I think you will like Weber charcoal very much. I do. My interest in the Kingsford Professional is exactly because of the fast, high heat. The CharQ has a somewhat limited fuel/air supply, so I am hoping this Kingsford variety can help it get up to high grilling heat quicker and more effectively. The CharQ isn’t good for long cooks or low and slow bbq, so a long lasting charcoal isn’t important.

Jon you will be happy with it cause it does burn very hot and fast so a short cook for your purposes will probably work very well. I had been buying that from Costco over the years just using up the last bag which I found buried in the basement. Pretty sure when HD was blowing the Weber out the door they were doing the same with the Professional.

I probably was using more of it in the UDS when smoking also and just never paid attention to it as the charcoal basket is so large in that I would never notice.

Yes, price varies by store so they don't include the regular price in the monthly sales ad. But here in San Jose, regular price is $19.99, so $6 off brings it down to $13.99.

Back