Temp Adjustment Advice

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi
Newbie here. Posted some in another section on rotisserie. Have 2011 E330 recently bought. Am making rack of spare ribs right now using indirect. Ribs in the middle both left and right outside burners on minimum setting. Grills is staying at 325 degrees. I would like 250-300 range. Any suggestions please. Would it create same type of cooking placing ribs completely to one side and using only one burner on the opposite side. Thanks. George

Hi. Yes I did do that and temp dropped nicely. Then put it back to the original way. Ribs turned out great. Seems to be a very good unit. Easily reaches over 650 degrees. Glad I got it. Made out very well in selling my Performer Deluxe, and no more cleaning ashes and having charcoal hands.

Occasionally I just can't get the temp to hold where I want it, one burner is too low, 2 is too high. I use something to keep the lid open to some extent, I use a foot long piece of 3/4" aluminum angle and slide it backwards in the side of the grill cover as needed.

Last edited:
Thanks. The one burner worked out well. But it probably would have been fine at 325 indirect. It’s just that the meat temp seemed to rise a little quickly

George. I gather you have N/S burners instead of the E/W burners on the earlier E3xx grills. The N/S burner configuration is much better for indirect roto cooking. I can keep the temps down in the mid 200's with a single burner on my Genesis 1000. If I need to keep it below that, I do what BobJ does and crack the lid open a bit. It works well as long as there isn't a lot of wind which creates quite a bit of variance when the lids is slightly open.

Occasionally I just can't get the temp to hold where I want it, one burner is too low, 2 is too high. I use something to keep the lid open to some extent, I use a foot long piece of 3/4" aluminum angle and slide it backwards in the side of the grill cover as needed.

The Broilmaster grill actually has a special side handle built in to accomplice exactly what you are describing. Although they can pump out some fierce heat on full blast, their capability as a low and slow gas barbecue grill is something they are known for, and this handle helps make that possible.

George. I gather you have N/S burners instead of the E/W burners on the earlier E3xx grills. The N/S burner configuration is much better for indirect roto cooking. I can keep the temps down in the mid 200's with a single burner on my Genesis 1000. If I need to keep it below that, I do what BobJ does and crack the lid open a bit. It works well as long as there isn't a lot of wind which creates quite a bit of variance when the lids is slightly open.

I think you got that reversed Bruce. The NS burners are NOT good for rotisserie and are "OK" for indirect. Depending on what/how you cook they can be a little better or a little worse.

Back