Stok gas grills

I don't have any knowledge of how well they are built or even more importantly how well they cook. I do like the way at least some of them have a double removable round insert (similar to the Weber GBS) and their overall cast iron grate set up. They at least LOOK like they would be a good grill.

I would have to agree with Larry, though, that based on what I see up for sale, these have pretty limited following/market appeal. The may actually be a really good grill, but I wouldn't sink time and money into one unless just for personal use.

Parts are difficult to obtain on some models. I picked up an absolutely filthy Stok Gridiron portable - it was free. Once I got all the crud cleaned out of the cooking chamber - I realized the burner was shot. No parts available.
Fortunately a couple of weeks later someone posted a BNIB burner for $40 CAD on Kijiji. When I went to pick up the burner the person selling it told me that his burner rotted out - and Stok told him no parts were available and since his grill was still under warranty - they shipped him an entire new grill. A week later Stok shipped him a replacement burner.
Fortunately I hadn't gotten around to putting the "no burner available" grill out for the trash.

Last edited:

Back