Price of a Summit Platinum D6 in 2006?

Gary Winters

I'm just curious. I purchased one just a week or two ago third-hand for $200, and I'm very pleased with the purchase price. Searching the interwebs to try to learn the original MSRP has been fruitless. Anyone remember about what they cost brand new?

I can tell you my Summit 450 back in early 2000's on closeout was well in excess of $1000. I think retail on it prior to closeout was close to $2K

I was guessing around $2K myself. It is one of the best Weber did and only lasted for two short years.

Yep - that's the one. All seems to be in ship-shape except it's missing the ignitor button (just a spring hanging down), and the firebox is a little bowed so, for the moment, I'm not able to use the middle grill. (Which isn't a problem, just have to work around it.)

Wow, is that one with the all stainless steel frame...even the cabinet part?

Yep - that's the one. All seems to be in ship-shape except it's missing the ignitor button (just a spring hanging down), and the firebox is a little bowed so, for the moment, I'm not able to use the middle grill. (Which isn't a problem, just have to work around it.)

I did a restore on a 2004/5 version of that one, without all the SS steel. Couple of things to note. Flavorizer bars are ridiculously expensive and hard to find if/when it comes time to replace them. THe reason is the placement of a cross piece in the middle that covers the crossover tubes. Good news there though is that they last for freaking ever. The front of the firebox is the next area of concern. Unlike the all aluminum firebox of the Genny's, the front and back of the Summit firebox is stamped steel. It tends to corrode where the burner tubes go through. Also, the inside upper lip of front and back, where the grates sit can be problematic.

That said, it's a freaking awesome grill and if you can avoid the above mentioned issues, or address them quickly, that's a very sweet grill.

Thanks for your input! It certainly seems like a very sweet grill!

I did a restore on a 2004/5 version of that one, without all the SS steel. Couple of things to note. Flavorizer bars are ridiculously expensive and hard to find if/when it comes time to replace them. THe reason is the placement of a cross piece in the middle that covers the crossover tubes. Good news there though is that they last for freaking ever. The front of the firebox is the next area of concern. Unlike the all aluminum firebox of the Genny's, the front and back of the Summit firebox is stamped steel. It tends to corrode where the burner tubes go through. Also, the inside upper lip of front and back, where the grates sit can be problematic.

That said, it's a freaking awesome grill and if you can avoid the above mentioned issues, or address them quickly, that's a very sweet grill.

Back