Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amount of charcoal for 26.75"?

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Cliff Bartlett's Avatar
    I pretty much eyeball it when using my 26. I figure I use one full chimney when using my 22 for a direct cook, so when using the 26 for a direct cook I up the amount to roughly a chimney and a half. When I first got my 26, I found Weber's charcoal recommendations helpful in getting me used to using the grill correctly both with direct and indirect cooking.

Last edited by Cliff Bartlett; 05-15-2019 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Repaired Photo
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Thats a good table. Thanks.

TVWBB Wizard
    Meh. I haven't done any scientific experiments exactly, but it seems to me that I use the same amt of charcoal in my 26'er as I'd use to cook the same quantity of food in my 22. I mean, if I have 2 ribeyes, I'll light up enough charcoal to make a single layer just slightly larger than the grill space the ribeyes will take up. At that point, it doesn't matter whether I dump the coals into a 22 or the 26'er. Hell, I'll use the same amount and cook them on one of my Ranch Kettles every now and then. Now, if I try to cook 10 ribeyes on my 26er, or 20 on a Ranch, then yeah, those would take more charcoal, but that's to be expected.
    WSM22Ranch Kettle x 2 , MiniRanch Gen2 Performer , SS Performer , OTG , OTS, Red MBH, JJ, SJS, Summit 650, Genesis Silver C , Genesis Gold C

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Dag Nab it! Now I really want a 26!!!
    But, then Id need the bigger roti, a suckling pig, a half barrel of beer, and half a dozen buddies!
    No, then Id decide I NEEDED a Ranch kettle, that would end up being a lawyer and the subsequent need to find a new home and wife, not going down that road, ever!
    You should go for it. Then I'll know where to get a used 26 when you move up to the ranch.
    26" Kettle 22 Kettle x 2 18.5 WSM Jumbo Joe w/ table Smokey Joe

TVWBB Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Moser View Post
    You should go for it. Then I'll know where to get a used 26 when you move up to the ranch.

WHo says that he'd get rid of the 26'er ? It's really nice to have them both.

WSM22Ranch Kettle x 2 , MiniRanch Gen2 Performer , SS Performer , OTG , OTS, Red MBH, JJ, SJS, Summit 650, Genesis Silver C , Genesis Gold C

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Dag Nab it! Now I really want a 26!!!
    But, then Id need the bigger roti, a suckling pig, a half barrel of beer, and half a dozen buddies!
    No, then Id decide I NEEDED a Ranch kettle, that would end up being a lawyer and the subsequent need to find a new home and wife, not going down that road, ever!
    Get the bigger roti...

If you cook it they will come...
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

TVWBB Platinum Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Sam,
    With that rig, I would be forced to go get one of the whole “Halal” lambs from Costco and throw a helluva party!
    Might have to do it anyway!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Cliff Bartlett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
    Get the bigger roti...

If you cook it they will come...
    Love the shots and set up Sam. I remember as a kid growing up, people would bring similar hand made grills to the city park and put on large bbq feeds. Well, probably not with that rotisserie, just self made grates. Beer, soda and great bbq. Those were good times.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12