Winter White Burger- Burger of the Month #1

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
RACHAEL RAY-A few weeks ago I organized all of Rachael Ray's "Burger of the Month" in my "Burger Binder" that I had. I am missing quite a few of them (sad to say). Our intention is to go in order of publication and make 1 burger a week. This is the first one. Made last week. DH gave it a Very Good rating, I only gave it an OK. Because of me, DH left out the pepper jelly and even with everything else, it still tasted kind of blah to me. I think my taste buds are going, so go by DH rating. lol

Winter White Burger
serves 4

2 lbs. ground turkey breast
4 scallions, white parts only, finely chopped
2 TB Dijon mustard
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
1 TB chopped fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
1 ripe Bartlett pear, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
4 TB hot pepper jelly or jalapeno jelly
4 extra-large English muffins, split and toasted

1. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, mustard, lemon peel and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Shape into four 3/4" thick patties.
2. In a small nonstick skillet, add the pear slices, wine, lemon juice and enough water to just cover the pear. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the pear is softened, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pear slices to a plate.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium heat. Add the turkey patties and cook, turning once, for 12 minutes. Top with the cheese and pear slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
4. Spread 1 TB hot pepper jelly on each English muffin bottom; top with a patty and an English muffin top.

Source: Rachael Ray mag. Jan. 2009

Last edited:
My daughter has a Winter White hamster, they are a dwarf breed. I wonder if I should make these one night and see what she says.:p

Back