Thread: Looking for TP-08 probe custom settings

Looking for TP-08 probe custom settings

I'm using the probes from my TP-08 thermometer and they are a bit off. Is someone using them with custom settings?

I have no idea how to figure out the settings myself. Might have to contact the company I guess

TVWBB Honor Circle Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    All the coefficients of known probes are already built into the webui, so we don't have values for TP-08. If the company will provide the datasheet for the thermistor used, then I can calculate them for you (using curve fitting). It can also be done by mating one up physically with a known probe and sweeping it through your desired temperature range and HeaterMeter can fit a new set of coefficients although it has to be done through the SSH Interface.
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

A bit of searching suggests that the ThermoPro probes and the iGrill 2/3 probes are the same. The HM has presets for the iGrill 1 and I don't know if anyone has tested them with the iGrill 2 or 3.

For a quick test, select the iGrill probe preset on the HM and see how close they are in a bowl of ice water and at boiling temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Mayland View Post
    All the coefficients of known probes are already built into the webui, so we don't have values for TP-08. If the company will provide the datasheet for the thermistor used, then I can calculate them for you (using curve fitting). It can also be done by mating one up physically with a known probe and sweeping it through your desired temperature range and HeaterMeter can fit a new set of coefficients although it has to be done through the SSH Interface.
    I sent an email to the company. I'll hit you up when they have the info! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    A bit of searching suggests that the ThermoPro probes and the iGrill 2/3 probes are the same. The HM has presets for the iGrill 1 and I don't know if anyone has tested them with the iGrill 2 or 3.

For a quick test, select the iGrill probe preset on the HM and see how close they are in a bowl of ice water and at boiling temp.
    I gave a shot with the iGrill preset and it was the closest I could get to the thermapen I have. I'll try a bowl of ice water for precision!