Looking for TP-08 probe custom settings

SPDecoste

I'm using the probes from my TP-08 thermometer and they are a bit off. Is someone using them with custom settings?

I have no idea how to figure out the settings myself. Might have to contact the company I guess

All the coefficients of known probes are already built into the webui, so we don't have values for TP-08. If the company will provide the datasheet for the thermistor used, then I can calculate them for you (using curve fitting). It can also be done by mating one up physically with a known probe and sweeping it through your desired temperature range and HeaterMeter can fit a new set of coefficients although it has to be done through the SSH Interface.

A bit of searching suggests that the ThermoPro probes and the iGrill 2/3 probes are the same. The HM has presets for the iGrill 1 and I don't know if anyone has tested them with the iGrill 2 or 3.

For a quick test, select the iGrill probe preset on the HM and see how close they are in a bowl of ice water and at boiling temp.

All the coefficients of known probes are already built into the webui, so we don't have values for TP-08. If the company will provide the datasheet for the thermistor used, then I can calculate them for you (using curve fitting). It can also be done by mating one up physically with a known probe and sweeping it through your desired temperature range and HeaterMeter can fit a new set of coefficients although it has to be done through the SSH Interface.

I sent an email to the company. I'll hit you up when they have the info! Thanks

A bit of searching suggests that the ThermoPro probes and the iGrill 2/3 probes are the same. The HM has presets for the iGrill 1 and I don't know if anyone has tested them with the iGrill 2 or 3.

For a quick test, select the iGrill probe preset on the HM and see how close they are in a bowl of ice water and at boiling temp.

I gave a shot with the iGrill preset and it was the closest I could get to the thermapen I have. I'll try a bowl of ice water for precision!

Back