Thread: Hello from Virginia

Hello from Virginia

Hello,

My name is Kurt, I live in northern VA. I purchased a 18" WSM this week after dreaming of making my own BBQ all winter. I had a disaster last July trying to smoke a chuck roast on a weber Kettle, It was like rubber.

Last week I tried again with the Kettle and a chuck roast and it was much better. I just finished my first cook with the WSM, another chuck roast and it was almost there, not quite perfectly tender but close.

Any way my goal is to make Brisket, ribs, and Turkey breast. I will keep reading this forum and watching YouTube videos, and cooking. I am just trying to find my way, there are so many different ways of doing things, it is really hard to figure out where to start.

This forum looks well established and has a great collection of knowledge, hopefully I can learn from you all.

Hi Kurt,

Welcome to the forum! Iím new to this as well, and might be your neighbor. Iím in Vienna. Best of luck with your WSM. I recently bought an 18.5Ē and love it. Keep us posted.

Hi Mike,

I am in Sterling.

Welcome ............I would suggest using Chris's " Cooking Topics " . I know what you mean about it becoming info overload and confusing. There's so many ways of doing barbecue.
    2002 18" WSM , 1999 22 Kettle , 1983 Smokey Joe , 2019 26" Kettle , 2016 Spirit 3 Gasser , Old Country Brazos offset smoker

TVWBB Pro
    Welcome to the site, I agree with Lynn, try a couple of the recipes from the cooking topics and you will be on your way to great bbq!