Bad Day with Weber Customer Service & their Corrupted Database

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
Today while doing a quarterly cleaning on my 2007 Genesis, I noticed that the drip pan holder is developing pinholes due to the foil pans leaking and corroding the aluminum. My manual didn't have a part number, so I called Weber Support to get the number and a price before I went shopping around . Bad move! The CSR couldn't find my grill registered in 2007 under my name, address, email or even with the model and serial number. Especially strange since they shipped me replacement firebox bolts last August. They could only find my son..... The E-320 LP grill I registered last November for my son came up with my email and address. Most amazing was that it shows as a Genesis S-310 LP SS! Both grills are enamal (one Black & one Dark Green). So they couldn't handle getting things straight when provided the correct information. Ultimately, they created a new registration for me replacing the 11/2007 registration I did over a decade ago and refused to correct the email and address for my son. Not a good day at Weber! While all this was call was in progress, I found the correct Weber part number and ordered a replacement. I'm just glad this wasn't a warranty item!

Back