New kettle color for USA

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Based on FB and IG posts today from Weber, it looks like the popular Canadian kettle colors--ivory, smoke, spring green, slate--will be announced for the US market in the next day or two.

These color were introduced in Canada in 2016. Hoping for usual Weber kettle quality, not the red limited edition quality. :confused:

ZxxAKIl.png

Thanks for the info, Chris!

I like the slate and the ivory the best. I have to admit, though, it would be one big challenge to keep that ivory from turning really ugly!

I have it on good authority from an Ace Hardware store manager that the Spirit II grill in Ivory is a big seller. I bet the same will be true for the kettle in Ivory.

Love the ivory. I have not owned a car that wasn't white for
25 years now. It's time to own a white grill.

I might sell my 2006 blue Performer and buy an ivory Performer, if they would make one, but only if it's not made in China.

I'm like a trout who has his belly full of mayflys and you had to toss that lure in front of me! Damn you, Chris Allingham!

Really like the Ivory and the smoke but with ten Weber's to maintain the ivory would be like adding five more grills maintenance wise.

Showing up on Weber's FB page now.
Since the LE red was made in China, I suspect these are too.

60058232_10156535388803422_4107686114641313792_o.jpg

Last edited:
Checked out several LE red while in stores that carried them and there was a bad orange peel finish on all of them. Wonder if the quality of these is better.

Checked out several LE red while in stores that carried them and there was a bad orange peel finish on all of them. Wonder if the quality of these is better.

Lew,

Yeah, I saw some horrible ones for sale in Home Depot:

aa7nts.jpg

I would like to think that this is a different story because these have been sold in Canada for a while and actual pictures show really nice grills. I think there are issues with making red porcelain (apparently maybe not even possible in the US) and that the "Ltd Edition" red kettle was a special one-off job that whoever in China it was farmed out to couldn't deliver on. The ivory grills I have seen actual pictures of seem much better.

I have no need for a new kettle but those colors are gorgeous! Very tempting. I really wish I had the lid bale.

Back