Silver A Caster Wheels

Nope, no caster wheels on the left side. I had one at one point, great little grills.

Thanks Pat. Yours is a 2000 model and matches the one I am looking at perfectly. I guess maybe the first couple of years they made them that way.

Yup, no casters, 1/2 size metal shelf, and gas valves with high/medium/low detents.

I had to buy a pair of Silver As recently as part of a package deal. One of them was a later model that had the swing shelf on the left. The other was the older style being discussed here.

As Weber parts are modular, I upgraded the manifold on the older one with a spare manifold that has continuously variable valves, along with an updated control panel (from a 2005 Silver A, for instance).

Sold the newer one already and I will be listing the other one this weekend.

Last edited:
Yah, jon, the blue hood is what tipped me as well. I told him I would take it, but haven't heard back in about an hour. The good thing is, that if I don't get it, I won't be disappointed.

Holy cow!!! That grill grate on the left, I've never seen anything like that. It reminds me of something you could see in a movie, where some alien creature spit acid and it ate away everything that that touched. How does something like that happen?

The funny part is that the warming rack that is usually toasted or missing looks to be in decent shape in comparison.

I don't see how that would fit Dave. I am sure the manifold would be too wide for a silver A Box. I imagine you would have problems with the length of the burners as well.

I just grabbed an A with a blue top which I always wanted-cleaned it up and fitted on my 2002-which has caster wheels on the left btw. Green top went on the other and selling it off. There was probably a lot of mixing and matching with that model.

Then what setup would qualify as a Hellcat? :cool:

I actually wasn't familiar with that Mopar. Maybe wedge in a 3 burner manifold and then open up the orifices really wide:eek:!

My "The Judge" is scary enough for me. That thing is a true paint peeler. I have not been happy with the grilling results, though. I think the ratty stainless rod grates I sacrificed for it are to blame. I have since picked up a set of some off brand cast iron grates that were being trashed and I am going to try and cut them down to size. Nothing lost if it doesn't work except time and who knows when I will have time to do this:rolleyes:. Anyway, I am thinking that a searing hot grill needs some wider cast iron bars to show off what it can do. I actually still think The Judge still has some potential if I can overcome the learning curve without driving off the road;)!

Back