Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 Greentop Performer restore

very nice. i'm in the process of restoring an old kettle myself. Fingers crossed the rest of the grease and gunk comes off easily today. if so then i should be done with it this afternoon.

TVWBB Fan
    I was able to fit a 20# table under my SS performer by removing the mounting bar and turning it around. Leaves enough space so it sits on the frame and I’m still able to reach through the original access to turn on the propane. I use a ratcheting cargo strap to hold it it place. Works quite well actually. I’d post pics but I haven’t been having much luck since photobucket went belly up

Thanks Ryan-fingers crossed I am able to sell it soon too! Bob, thats another good idea-I'll have to look into mounting the tank sometime soon.

Thought I"d share an experience that Rich Dahl just went through recently. I just posted this Greentop on CL last night, and it didn't take the scammers long.

Thanks for the prompt response to my email. I am so happy that the item is still available, I am very serious in buying from you, I would have come down to your location but I always have a busy hours at work, Please let me know if a Certified Cashiers Check is okay, My pick up will be after you have your money cleared up. The check will be mail out to you today via UPS Service and it will deliver to you within 48hrs, I will make arrangement for the pick up as soon as the check clears. Hope I can trust you with the check payment? I will make arrangement for pick-up . So get back to me with below details asap.
    Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Cell Number:
    Last Asking price..

I will make arrangements for pick up as soon as you have your money, I will add an additional $40 for holding it for me Please consider it sold.

Thank you , hope to read back from you soon

I think I'm all done with CL after this! Just hope some don't fall for it. I'm sure its not in all areas of the country, but beware.

I was fortunate to be able to sell this SSP last weekend to an up and coming grill enthusiast who should enjoy it for some time to come. Also want again thank all for the invaluable tips above which really helped in getting it properly restored. Should also add that it sold through CL, which restored my faith in them. Unfortunate a few bad apples spoil the broth.
    In moving my hose back to my SSP, I found I had lost that magic little hog clip. For now I have secured it with a large paper clip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12