Patagonian Hot Dogs with Avocado Mayo

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
WEBER-Dh and I really like Avocado's and was glad to find this recipe. We both gave it a Very Good!! rating.

Patagonian Hot Dogs with Avocado Mayo

Mayo

1 ripe Hass avocado, roughly chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and chopped
1 TB chopped shallot
1 TB fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced or pushed through a press
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

8 best-quality all-beef hot dogs
8 hot dog buns, split
1 jar or bag (1 lb.) sauerkraut, drained
1 lb. ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion

In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the mayo ingredients and puree until smooth.

Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350 to 450F.)

Cut a few shallow slashes in each hot dog, and then grill, with the lid closed, until hot all the way to the center, 4 or 5 minutes, turning occasionally. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat.

Generously spread the avocado mayo inside each bun (you will not need all of it). Then add a hot dog, sauerkraut, tomatoes, cilantro and onion. Serve warm.

Source: Weber's Big Book of Burgers by Jamie Purviance

Last edited:
This was dinner last night. Our second time. Once again, THANK YOU JAMIE, we enjoyed it very much!!!!!! (I like having the left over avocado mayo to use on other things, it is sooo good.)

This was dinner again tonight. Didn't have fresh cilantro, but it was still delicious. Has anyone else tried it? Had another Weber recipe with it, the Spiced Sweet Potato Fries, which were also delicious. (will comment on the appropriate site.)

I can't believe I am saying this, but last night we had these hot dogs again for dinner. Not because we had some left over's from the other night, but because we enjoyed them so much, we wanted them again.

This recipe has had over 2,000 viewers, but 0 people have reported making it. (Timothy has made the sauce, thank you Timothy).

Last edited:
I want pics!!
Will try to remember to take them next time, sorry, till then you will just have to take my word for it, they looked delicious. lol

Hey, why don't you make them and take some pictures?

Hey Bruno, where's your pics? LOL

Had them again the other night, and of course forgot AGAIN to take pics.

Well, this was dinner tonight, for the 5th time and yes DH DID take a picture. Now I just have to figure out how to post it. :unsure:

1702515418886.png

Last edited:
What the?? 🤔Joan with the pic!!📷
Those look amazing!! I want to make that for the game this weekend.
Love that avocado and red onion.

Hope you have a great holiday Joan!!

What the?? 🤔Joan with the pic!!📷
Those look amazing!! I want to make that for the game this weekend.
Love that avocado and red onion.

Hope you have a great holiday Joan!!
Thank you Bruno, you also!!!!

If you do make these, make sure you get good, sturdy hot dog buns.

Back