Brats and a Ballgame

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Too bad it was the game that the Gmen got smoked by the Dodgers! That game coupled with a stone dead camera battery got my cook off to a rocky start. All but the last photo are shots from my IPhone. Here goes, it's a Weber recipe.

Got the veggies softened up.

enhance

Added some mustard and some beer.

enhance

Just some Johnsonville Originals.

enhance

Turned 'em a few times.

enhance

Plopped then into the beer and peppers for a while.

enhance

Plated them up. Thanks for looking everyone!

enhance

Very nice brat cook Cliff, and your phone pics look fine too!
I rarely use a camera for the few pics I've posted here lately.

Well the Cards are in 1st place in the Central, but got shutout by the Cubs today.
They've scored one stinkin' run in 18 innings. :mad:

I rarely use a camera for the few pics I've posted here lately.

They've scored one stinkin' run in 18 innings. :mad:

Bob, you could shoot with a Brownie Box Camera and your photos would be magazine quality cover shots

I believe we've topped that recently. Last weekend we hosted the Yankees for a three game series and were swept. This was with the Yankees having 13 players on the DL, 'er excuse me the IL, including Stanton, Judge, Andujar and Sanchez. Ouch!

Last edited:
I usually put the brats in the beer first, then grill. I see you do the opposite. Do you think it’s a better way?

I’ve done them either way Mark. I like pulling the brats right out of the bath and into the bun better I think. Seems to pick a little more of that beer flavor.

I usually put the brats in the beer first, then grill. I see you do the opposite. Do you think it’s a better way?

I’ve done them either way Mark. I like pulling the brats right out of the bath and into the bun better I think. Seems to pick a little more of that beer flavor.

The brats look fantastic, Cliff! That is exactly how we do ours as well.
EXCELLENT Looking Brats, Cliff!
When we do a brats bath, we always grill first then bathe... with Secret Stadium Sauce in the beer.

Y1KaUuj.jpg

FlXxIhe.jpg

Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

When we do a brats bath, we always grill first then bathe... with Secret Stadium Sauce in the beer.

Your Brats look amazing Jim. I see some jalapeno in there as well. Will incorporate that as well on my next batch. I'll pick up a couple of bottles of the Secret Stadium Sauce as well. Thank you!

Cliff, that looks delicious. Like Rich said we did make that before and it was good.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

Your Brats look amazing Jim. I see some jalapeno in there as well. Will incorporate that as well on my next batch. I'll pick up a couple of bottles of the Secret Stadium Sauce as well. Thank you!
Cliff, If you have a problem finding the stadium secret sauce, let me know .

if you like it, and run out, please send me a private message.
i can send you the same for way less than half of that.

Back