Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Eric L

Hi TVWBB!

I always wanted a grill but with previously living in a TH complex, I was afraid of theft of owning something so nice to be left outside. Now that I have a enclosed backyard, I am a proud soon to be owner of a Weber E-340 and I am looking forward to finally being able to own my first grill!

Since retailers are clearing out the last years models, I was able to get the LX at $700U assembled and delivered. While it was above my budget, many reviews praise the quality and durability so I hope this will serve me well for many years to come.

I originally wanted NG since my house already have an existing gas line, but had to get LP since it was all that was available. My understanding is there's pros and cons of both and with 2 tanks, I should be good to go without having to worry about running on empty.

My bigger concern is the Porcelain finish. I originally wanted stainless, but again, that was not available. While it appears Porcelain is easier to maintain for appearance, I'm worried it won't be as durable and will rust easier. Should I atleast coat the inside doors with rust check or something? Am I overthinking this?

Anyway, I look forward to do some grilling and learning from you all!

Eric: Welcome to TVWBB! Enjoy your new grill. Based on past history from other members of the forum, the porcelain is a better option than the stainless for hoods. No need for any treatments on the doors since it is new. Just check things periodically. If you ultimately want to get to NG instead of exchanging tanks, there are a few ways to do that, but just don't tell Weber. Make sure your register your grill with them. Last time in Toronto was the '92 World Series at Skydome! We had our honeymoon int Toronto back in the early 80's. Great city.

Eric: Welcome to TVWBB! Enjoy your new grill. Based on past history from other members of the forum, the porcelain is a better option than the stainless for hoods. No need for any treatments on the doors since it is new. Just check things periodically. If you ultimately want to get to NG instead of exchanging tanks, there are a few ways to do that, but just don't tell Weber. Make sure your register your grill with them. Last time in Toronto was the '92 World Series at Skydome! We had our honeymoon int Toronto back in the early 80's. Great city.

Thank you, Dan! And also thanks for reminding me to register the grill otherwise I would have totally overlooked it.

I received the grill and did my first grill, it came out delicious! I look forward to putting this to good use for many years to come.

As for Toronto, it's a great city with great cultural diversity and with diversity, that means tons of great authentic food options.

Back