Seen at Lowe's in San Jose: Tower of Charcoal

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Jq6mAdM.jpg

Kingsford certainly likes to change their wrapper every year...
and thats a good thing... tells me which bags to use first (if you rotate your stock).

that's foolish!

...and so is this:
"If you’d like to re-use partially burned coals to fuel your next grilling session, do not extinguish them by submerging in water. Instead, carefully spray down your coals with water to prevent further burning. Once completely cooled, partially used coals should be allowed to dry, and kept in the grill for later use."

edit:
at least their FIRST option is:
"Suffocate the fire – Simply close the lid on your grill, and shut the vents until ash has completely cooled, at least 48 hours."

Last edited:
On their FB post they only showed spraying and pouring on water.
Followers took them to task about it too. ;)

Silliness, pure and simple. Manufacturer telling people to simply waste product for greater sales.
But, it’s on the internet so, it MUST be true!:D

I won't be buying any charcoal this year, second year in a row. With the drought in the southwest we are being told that fire restriction will go into force sometime in May and probably last until October which means no open fires including charcoal. At the start of 2018 I had 40 bags of charcoal and lump, I still have 28 bags. Just hope the restriction are put in place after smoke day as I really want to do my once a year brisket on my WSM.

Sounds like what they are showing the folks out west to do to reduce there fire season. I remember Tony and his wife firing up a charcoal grill up at the lake like Big Bear and people were very concerned over using real fire to cook.
Ot west as Rich says they have different rules.

Rich, I haven't heard yet about restrictions down here in the valley, but will be doing so this week for sure.

Rich, I haven't heard yet about restrictions down here in the valley, but will be doing so this week for sure.

I don't think the fire restrictions are as strong down in the valley as they are in the high country. Mostly in camp grounds and forest areas for the valley. Up here it's complete coverage.
This was last year about a quarter of a mile from us . The black smoke is houses burning.
Sorry Chris didn't mean to hijack the tread.

40237528890_f231b7dccd_z.jpg
[/url]100_3065 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Fortunately we had tons of rain so far this year and more forecasted this week. No fire ban in the foreseeable future.

Back