Any interest in a discord channel?

I searched and couldn't find any info on this - if not allowed, certainly delete.

Discord is a live chatroom, basically a way to choot the sh*t and discuss daily stuff that doesn't fit in a "forum" environment. In that context, it's not intended to drive traffic or dilute the forums - more of a venue for less serious chatter that isn't worth making a thread over.

I created a room, feel free to join:

BBQ Lounge Discord - https://discord.gg/VZ3hkNQ

Mixed feelings.

1) Many years ago when we were on an previous software platform that supported a chat room, we had one for a while. The complaint was that no one used it...you'd sit there in silence by yourself with no one to interact with. So we discontinued it.

2) In the past, I've tried to discourage chatty posts on the forum. On the other hand, that has sometimes backfired...chat can contain good information and social interactions that should be on the forum. If people end up spending more time on a chat site and less time here, that's not good for the forum. There are already so many distractions like a million FB groups, I hate the thought of yet another place that can draw people away from this forum.

Back