What kettle model is that?

That is One Touch Platinum. Short lived model. Then the same name was used on the
model with only one table on the side.

Thanks Dave. Not sure it is a good idea tilting the lid towards the back. You arms are always above the heat vs tilting the lid to the side like on the Performer.

One thing I didn't like when it first came out was the top vent was dead nut center.

Tim

I count myself as one of the few and far between fans. I personally like it opening in the front but still sheltering the grilling area so you keep in more heat and out wind. The side tables seem just right to me for food on one side and a Thermoworks Smoke on the other. All in a lightweight package that I personally like a lot better than a Performer since I never use the built in starter.

You don’t see them much because as Dave said it was short-lived. That maroon color is much less common than black, so that one is a pretty rare specimen. You sure do run into some really good ones!

Stefan,

That is probably a bit much of a trip...I noticed he is throwing in some other stuff that makes it even a little more tempting, though. That cover may not look too hot, but they are virtually unobtainable except at very high prices. You could use some black fabric paint from an auto parts place to renew and make it look much better. If you wind up going on a road trip you can tell your wife to blame me:rolleyes:!

One of those was my first really decent kettle flip.
A gal listed it for $25. I go to pick it up, and she
has it loaded down with a smoke box, accessories,
chimney, and a Weber rotisserie kit. Came home,
spent 30 mins cleaning, took pics, reposted and sold
the next day for $150.

Is that an issue? I am still a novice in regards to kettles.

It goes against the Classic Weber design which has the vent off to one side of the handle. Not a issue if you mainly grill, but to set up a 2 zone or indirect cook the vent is placed over the protein opposite of the fuel.
weber_2_zone.jpg

I reckon you could still set up indirect in the middle and bank or basket you coals on both sides.

Tim

It goes against the Classic Weber design which has the vent off to one side of the handle. Not a issue if you mainly grill, but to set up a 2 zone or indirect cook the vent is placed over the protein opposite of the fuel.
weber_2_zone.jpg

I reckon you could still set up indirect in the middle and bank or basket you coals on both sides.

Tim

Thanks Tim. I was not aware of that. But it makes sense. I am actually looking for a kettle I can use as a dedicated pizza kettle. In this case I guess it does not matter where the vent is.

Yeah, Rich, I would hold the line for a while before dropping. The comparison between yours and the typical mistreated kettles like the one I posted in this section yesterday is night and day. Your Kettle Pizza looks brand new!

Thanks Tim. I was not aware of that. But it makes sense. I am actually looking for a kettle I can use as a dedicated pizza kettle. In this case I guess it does not matter where the vent is.

I would say for a pizza cooker you can see how good a setup it is based on Rich's post. The more stable base I would think is a big positive when you start adding height and weight with something like the Kettle Pizza.

I have used mine to do bbq chicken, and although I can definitely see the point of trying to achieve the convection flow Tim kindly posted, I had what I considered to be perfectly fine results nonetheless. I really like being able to spin the lid back easily and how that provides a wind break. And I think the double table setup is great - all in a lightweight package that takes up a lot less room than a Performer.

I have had a few inquiries on my Platinum but so far no offers. I've used it as a pizza cooker and a regular kettle the lid hasn't been a problem. It's also super stable with the four ground contact points.

https://prescott.craigslist.org/for/d/prescott-valley-weber-deluxe-kettle/6876261117.html

Rich, I don't know if you are on Facebook or not, but I have had much better results selling on FB Marketplace. Craigslist doesn't get near the traffic that FB does. I don't even list things on CL anymore.

Rich, I don't know if you are on Facebook or not, but I have had much better results selling on FB Marketplace. Craigslist doesn't get near the traffic that FB does. I don't even list things on CL anymore.

Yeah Pat, I've heard that Facebook is better than CL. But I don't have any social media at all. No Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc. and I'm the proud owner of a flip phone. Just don't want to get sucked into it like a lot of people have.
I have sold all my flips, about 20 on CL although it seems to be slowing down a little. I've got all summer to sell the platypus and the spirt so I'm not in any rush. I'm not buying anymore grills to flip, but I might be letting go of a couple of my personal grills.

Last edited:

Back