Bacon Wrapped, Garlic Sausage Stuffed Pork Loin

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Picked this up at Lakewood Meats in Lodi, CA after a barbecue contest. Nice folks, good quality meats. They cut a pocket in one side of the lion and stuffed it with their in-house garlic sausage, then wrapped it in bacon and tied it up tight.

I grilled this guy for 90 minutes over indirect heat with burners 1 & 4 on low. Took it to 138°F internal, brushed with some maple syrup, finished it to the odd temperature of 142°F internal at the store manager's recommendation, and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing with the Aaron Franklin slicing knife.

Some of the bacon slid off the loin as I sliced it. Oh well, so much for perfect food photos.

The whole thing was moist and juicy. The loin trended toward the bland side; if you were doing this yourself, you might brine or salt the loin for better flavor. The garlic sausage was really great (although garlic burps are now commencing :D ), and the bacon with maple syrup added a sweet/salty touch. Putting all three meats together on a fork was quite delicious.

These photos went through the Instagram filter, so colors are a bit exaggerated.

Best,
Chris

I49500O.jpg

E1q0Pt7.jpg

8jFXHmZ.jpg

fKQfLIT.jpg

rhj5j4j.jpg

In case you're wondering, that's a piece of bacon laying over the edge of the slice of meat.

Back