2nd Annual Lodi Beerfest & BBQ Championship

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
We had a great day of beer and barbecue yesterday at the 2nd Annual Lodi Beerfest & BBQ Championship in Lodi, CA. The competition was "stout"...48 teams from all over California showed up...a lot of familiar "mugs" were there "hop"ing to "tap" into the $8500 prize pool. I think I "can" say with certainty that the teams, the judges, and the public in attendance had a "barrel" of fun.

In addition to the four standard KCBS meats, this contest offered three ancillary categories, one being turkey breast on Saturday and two involving Cabo Wabo tequila on Friday night (one an infused grilling entry, the other a Cabo-rita). Congrats to TVWBB member and Grand Champion Jerry Aguilar of Burnin and Lootin BBQ for extending his recent string of victories and to WSM wizard Zack Galiste of Son of Smoke for taking Reserve Champion.

Thanks to contest organizer Ben Lobenstein of Fire-It-Up! Events and all the sponsors for "brewing up" a very enjoyable event!

Here are some photos...I decided to focus on signage and logos. Enjoy!

h2aBiKu.jpg

99r16Rw.jpg

Kk4umv0.jpg

EZzA55I.jpg

CBdTQ6b.jpg

NieFfVb.jpg

dp0zuxa.jpg

eo0b7ko.jpg

ObIgd7A.jpg

xEWFrPy.jpg

Continued...

3pqXLpc.jpg

zWtmuVg.jpg

wlzKhq4.jpg

63UZV3S.jpg

After the contest, I stopped by Lakewood Meats to pickup Creekstone Farms steaks, homemade pepper jelly, and a strawberry-rhubarb pie for Mrs. TVWB.

kvjzM5r.jpg

TzAfdWL.jpg

Hu4qvAr.jpg

UZVry5T.jpg

R7m9hBN.jpg

wC24ReD.jpg

Excellent report Chris.

A Big Congratulations to Team Burnin and Lootin, Jerry and Lupe, on their 3rd in a row Grand Champion !!!

Back