2008 Genesis e310 NG Help

b mauro

TVWBB Member
Hey Guys - Looking for some guidance and advice on this one.

I originally purchased my e310 NG about 10 years ago, and not having a NG line outside at the time, I converted it from NG to LP. I was able to purchase a LP manifold at the time before Weber clamped down on the conversions.

Well - 10 years later I've moved to a new house that has a NG line on the deck (great!). I held on to the old NG manifold just for this occasion. Bought a 1/2" to 3/8" fitting and a quick disconnect fitting for the gas line.

I decided that the grill was in the need for a face light and bought new QuliMetal SS grates and Flavorizer bars, swaped out the LP manifold for the original NG manifold. For now I'm using the old burners.

Hooked everything up, turned on the gas......and nothing.

Now I fully understand the limits of my homeowner DIY abilities working with NG, but what steps can I test and check? Can my old NG manifold be bad? Close to 10 years of sitting under the grill - maybe clogged orifices? Hose? Connection to the NG line? Looking for some direction on what I can test before calling a plumber :D

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

KISS, is there even gas flowing through the line? Also did you purge all air from the system?

b:
I totally agree with Larry on this. Keep the lid up, open the burners on full on and wait a minute or so, you should get an odor of gas. Turn everything off, wait a few minutes and try lighting the grill normally. Your grill is a year newer than mine and they are great grills. Just watchout for rust around the base floor and where the caster go into the frame.

KISS, is there even gas flowing through the line? Also did you purge all air from the system?

Thanks Larry - and no I don't hear any gas flowing.

The line coming out of my house has two hookups. The closest hookup to the house is where I have my grill. The other hookup is on the other side of the deck for a NG fireplace. The NG fireplace lights without any issue so I know that the line from the house is 'On'.

What could be preventing the gas flow from the closer hookup? Like I mentioned before, it was a 1/2' pipe that I needed to add a 1/2" to 3/8' fitting to accommodate the quick disconnect fitting. Any troubleshooting that I can do on this?

Dan - Agree. Love this grill. Giving it some TLC (did have some rust at the base).

Thanks guys!

Try hooking the grill to the fireplace pipe. If it lights trace the other pipe. I will lay odds there is a valve in there you don't know about or perhaps it was disconnected for the other pipe

Also check for any other shut off valve...make certain they are all on. Let us know what happens when hooking up to the fireplace ...

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Turned out that the hose was the culprit. I guess ten years of sitting underneath my grill gives lots of opportunity to various critters to do creative things to the hose.

It was literally caked at the end of the quick connect attachment. Bought a new hose and we’re in business!

B;
Great to hear! Yes, the little varmits can raise havoc over time. Field mice with seed pods, squirrels storing acorns, etc. Happy grilling! I'd save the hose, blow and wash it out and keep it as a spare in a sealed bag to keep those rascally varmits in check.....

Back