Meat selection

Todd NC

TVWBB Pro
Jamie,
When it comes to selecting meats to grill do you tend toward "commercial" meats or toward organic/free range? I've started using organic, free range chickens and I find there is a very notable difference in the quality of the meat. The free range chickens don't have as much fat, gelatinous matter stuck to the bird, or liquid in the package. I haven't tried similar choices in red meat, but am curious on what your preferences are.

Todd

Todd, that's a really good question. Like you I've been using more organic, free-range chickens. If you are willing to pay a little more, you will get better tasting meat from birds that run around on the farm and forage on wholesome ingredients. For red meat, I have had mixed results with organic and free-rage beef. Some of it sucks in flavor. I have had very good results with Niman Ranch beef and other meats. Do you see that brand where you live?

Todd, that's a really good question. Like you I've been using more organic, free-range chickens. If you are willing to pay a little more, you will get better tasting meat from birds that run around on the farm and forage on wholesome ingredients. For red meat, I have had mixed results with organic and free-rage beef. Some of it sucks in flavor. I have had very good results with Niman Ranch beef and other meats. Do you see that brand where you live?

Yes, one of our local grocery chains carries Niman Ranch. I'll give it a try based upon your recommendation. Thanks for the reply.

Back