Which tools do you use most?

IvanRuiz

Hi Mr. Purviance:

Ivan Ruiz from Monterrey Mexico, In Weber we have a tool for almost everything we could need when grilling and besides it depends on what you are grilling, which tools or accesories are the most used by you?
Additionally, are you a collector of something related to grilling?

Gracias! and hope you come to Mexico son and have the chance to grill with you!!!

Ivan Ruiz
Monterrey Mexico

Hey Ivan, it's great to hear from you. I just answered a question along similar lines so let me share that here.

Every single time. That's how often I use a pair a tongs when I'm cooking outside. The tips of the tongs feel almost like fingertips to me. So that my favorite old-school tool. In the new-school arena, I appreciate the instant-read digital thermometers available now. Many years ago, thermometers were notoriously inaccurate and didn't trust them. But man, some of the new ones are really well made and very accurate. I use an iGrill that allows me leave a probe in the food and walk away. I can constantly monitor the internal temperature on my phone. That's pretty amazing and often really helpful.

In terms of being a collector, I am primarily a collector of recipes. For example, I was in Mexico City about a year ago and took a tour of the amazing street food there. I ate at about a dozen vendors -- trying everything from squash blossom quesadillas to tacos garnished with crickets. I learned so much, including the authentic way to make carnitas. There is a recipe for that in Weber's Ultimate Grilling. I'd love for you to try it and tell me what you think. Better yet, let's make it together and enjoy a meal together.

Back