Sams Club Grill Cleaner

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Just wanted to post up some photos of the effectiveness of the Sams Club Grill cleaner. This is a Silver A that I picked up for free.

Here is the before:

b4gHgwU.jpg

After:

yVDbV15.jpg

It might have better or worse results on other grills due to a difference in the crud caked on, but it certainly cleaned this up nicely.

Looks good Bruce! How long did it take? Was it pretty much spray on, let it soak and then scrub and/or wash off?

I sprayed it. Let it set for about a half hour, scrubbed and sprayed more as I went. It went really well...certainly way easier, cleaner and less hassle and less time than grinding it out.

I believe it's this one...

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/oven-fryer-grill-cln-3-x-32-ounce/prod9260461.ip?&source=ifpla&itemNumber=84724&CAWELAID=730010300000783268&pid=_CSE_Google_PLA_1013571817&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=239352732880&wl4=pla-296866507864&wl5=9061300&wl6=&wl7=&wl9=pla&wl10=1247713&wl11=online&wl12={productid}&wl13=&wl15=48777135014&wl17=1o1&veh=sem&kclid=1f0ec817-5fa9-4e48-8b7c-8afcc00feae5&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqrbQ6MTk4QIVDMpkCh1jIA_QEAQYASABEgKPFPD_BwE

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

I couldn’t get your link to work, but that looks like the stuff. They have it at Sams, not necessarily where the grills are but where the cleaners are. It is labeled for ovens and grills and is very, very similar to the much more expensive high-end Dawn cleaner. It is a strong alkali so you need to be careful with it. My experience is that it works fantastically on softer grease - maybe like what you had. It will not take off all the really well burnt-in black that can accumulate. Definitely a good first try and helpful on greasy stainless grates.

Is this cleaner safe to use on the Genesis firebox?

Was looking over the cleaner and noticed the following warning:
Not for use on aluminum or other soft metals surfaces

It will 'dull' the bare metal surface, but it won't affect the integrity of the aluminum at all. I have done three grills now with it. Very happy with the results so far.

So I just tried the Member's Mark grill cleaner and I gotta say I'm kind of impressed. Between the DPD and Sam's I gotta give the nod to the Sam's because not only is it economical, it does a better job of removing crud off of the firebox and caps. Now this based on me just spraying the cleaner, soak for 5 mins. and pressure wash. I'm pretty sure I'll get better results (from both) if I scrubbed after soaking and pressure washing...I'd probably have to do it around 3 times to achieve maximum results but I think that most people would just be happy with a clean grill (happier with spotless of course but ain't got time for that). Both are good cleaners and do the job but the Sam's just makes more sense cost wise if you're trying to rehab and flip grills.

Yeah, Sam, I think it is great stuff at a "Great Value." ;)

I bought a ton of it because Sam's is pretty far from me and I was afraid it wouldn't be there the next time. I had tried out the high-end Dawn stuff which also works excellently, but the price difference is a LOT and the results seem the same to me.

Yah, Jon it sucks that Sam's left my area when they started to close a lot of stores but it's a good thing it's available on Amazon for a few dollars more (still worth it BTW). They also offer free shipping for members so you can take advantage of that without buying so much at once.

Great timing.... I am pretty close to empty on my first bottle of Dawn Power Dissolver and I have some newly arrived grills to test with. Thanks for the Amazon link!

Rich, thanks for the Amazon link just got the 3 pack. I have a Sams close to me but we are Costco members so never go there more than happy to spend a few dollars more at Amazon.

When cleaning the firebox do you guys take it out of the frame first? or just spray on directly and let it drop down?

Back